Status
Not open for further replies.

setsuna03

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Does anyone know exactly by how many pixels RMVXA offsets character sprites relative to the 32x32 grid? Seems to be around 4 or 5 pixels, but I can't tell for sure.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check your help file, resource standards - it's 4 pixels.

However, if you've sprites where it's not wanted (door sprites for example), simply turn it off with ! (see the same part of the help file)

setsuna03

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Huh. It's right there in the Help file... Thanks! It was a little difficult to find without knowing what I was looking for exactly.

Question resolved. Thanks again!

PixelPusher

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'd like to chime in since this is not closed yet.

I have Gates/doors that are 64x64 and tiles that are 32x32. I have tried several different file sizes, both !, $ and !$ combined and nothing at all but these 64x64 doors/gates are still offset by 4 pixels.

How do I get these 64x64 doors to place center between a 32x32 wall tile inside a 64x64 gap/empty tile where the door should be placed:

[32x32] [64x64] [32x32] ?

My math isn't very good these days trying to determine the one-third and one-fourth adjustments to get the doors to place correctly.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can't. The sprites are always centered, so for exact grid placement they need to be either one tile (32 pixel width) or three tiles (96 pixel width).

If you use a 64 pixel width, that sprite will always be half tile left and half tile right from the center position.

Next time, please make your own topic and do not hijack other topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

SpaceBot wrote on DoctorMolotov's profile.
I miss you :kaocry:
I have game ideas, but none of them would fit the theme for IGMC. XD
Why the heck do I keep comparing my games to ones made by huge companies? I'd love them to have that level of polish but I'm simply not good enough.
Hell of a day at the London Games Market! :D

1656892272017.png

Check out my haul!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
my_birthday1205