Character Sprite made in Aseprite has white background despite file being shown as a transparent png

Voltwolf56

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't used much of 2k3 yet so I wanted to give it ago and made a pretty basic sprite sheet, with the correct dimensions, in Aseprite of this smiley face guy:
SmileMan.png
When I went to put it in the folder to use it, the thumbnail in the database was just completely black and then came up as an "unsupported png" so I went ahead and switched it to index colors in Photoshop to which the sprite finally showed up with its full animations but now it has a white background that takes up the rest of the sprites dimensions even when in game. Once again, its showing up white despite it being a transparent png even after index mode was applied. Did I import it the wrong way? or did I index the colors incorrectly?

kaine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
when you import the image, click on the background part

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^ This. Use Tools > Resource Manager, select CharSet from the list on the left, click Import, select your file, then the "Set Transparent Colour" window will appear, where you can click the background as mentioned. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone who says anyone or anything "needs to tone down the swearing" has just instantly lost 90% of my respect, unless of course they're talking about like children's programming or a teacher or something.
I feel bad sometimes around others, I hate, and I mean HATE being touched, and I know they don't know I hate it so much
Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooseb90