Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello~!

Well, I'm going to buy the RPG Maker MV soon :D

But for the moment I'm getting started with this little project using the demo version:3

I'm making my custom character sprites, but I found the following problem:

jal7q1.jpg

yeah, I know, they're still bald and nude xDDDD

As you can see, the distance between both characters it's quite long, and for me is annoying that you can't go any further. I guess it's because this sprites are thin compared to the original ones. Also this happens with a solid object (Like the sign, or a tree, etc).

I want to reduce that 'distance' but how could I do so? Re-making the characters sprites it's not an option...

Any help will be very appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The distance between sprites is based on the grid size - there will be 48 pixels between the center of sprites on adjacent tiles.

The only way you can reduce that space is to use my Change Tile Size plugin or the new TileD plugin, but both of those are designed to let you make maps (in other editors) with different tileset sizes, so unless you want to use different tilesets, redo your maps in a different editor, and change much more than just the distance between sprites, those would be no good.

You might look for a pixel-collision plugin, but I suspect it will still work on the 48x48 sized tiles.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
try using the sprites as they come out of your graphic program (maybe you'll have to scale them down to 48p wide, but keep the ratio as it is)

I was using 32x48 sprites in VX, and they work just fine.... small issues with clearance through doors and stuff, but nothing that prevents usage.

if you aim to make your own set of sprites, tilesets and the whole universe of the game to be in match, then you can (I think) use whatever size you want, provided they are at least 48p wide at the base.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nade-sama01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Oh, I see!

Thank you both guys! Yeah, I was planning to make my own tilesets too, but couldn't figure out how to change the grid size.

I'll try using that plugins!

Again thanks a lot! :p

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well, I'm quickly recovering from Covid, but I'm still broke and injured lol. I miss working on my game! I think I've figured out a lore-friendly way to do a tutorial section separate from the main gameplay, but it'll take some scripting know-how. Which I don't have. And can't afford. :p
I think Kipling said it best.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
⁠And never breathe a word about your loss,
(...)
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
⁠And—which is more—you'll be a Man, my son!

Do you feel like your modern cities are too clean? I made some dumpsters and trash variations. Visit my MZ resource thread (link in signature).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SatansTeaParty