Not open for further replies.

SlaveOfThaMind

Game Developer / Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an Inn sequence set up that after you pay, sleep, and wake up refreshed, you appear upstairs in a bedroom.

Well when I navigate the character to the stairwell, my character appears downstairs as expected, but, I cant move him. He wont turn he wont walk he's just stuck.

The transfer events are same as character priority, and the event is on player touch. The ground tiles are fine because you can walk on them before the "inn" sequence.

Any idea's?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You have an autorun in that room, check all events and make sure they're not running one.

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay I see what you mean. The auto run events are a flame animation that I want to appear only after the player sleeps and wakes up.

How would I do this without setting them to auto run?

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only ever use one autorun at a time, and only use them when you don't want the player to have control (useful for cutscenes).

When you say fire animation, do you mean the sprite fire set as an event graphic, or do you have an actual animation (from the Animations tab) that's fire? If it's the former, simply check on stepping animation, as well as direction fix, and leave it as action button. If it's the latter, then set it to a parallel process instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm using the fire animation "!Other2" yes, and I did set them all to parallel process, I have them randomly placed around the borders/bookshelfs and windows of the building interior to give the effect that the building caught on fire ( im not sure of any other way to do it honestly )

here are shots of the event that causes the fire and the fire itself respectively.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L1TKdpK.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dGNUjU7.png[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You ONLY need to set an event to autorun or parallel process if you have event commands.

Change that parallel process event back to Action Button. Uncheck the Walking Anim button, and check the Direction Fix button. Repeat that for ALL your fire or smoke animations - basically ANYTHING that just relies on moving through those three frames on the character sheet.

If you still can't move, I'm guessing there's another event somewhere that's set to autorun (maybe even a common event that's set to autorun, if the switch is turned on).

SlaveOfThaMind

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Shaz, That last bit about having a common event set to autorun was my problem.

the "Burning house door" CE was on autorun so I changed it to none. I also did as you said and changed the fire event's trigger to action as well as unchecking the walking animation and checking the direction fix.

At least it was easy since I have the flame on a "tool" map, click and deleting all of the events was fast and then clicking and ctrl+V made laying the edited flame event a breeze.

Thanks a lot Celianna and Shaz, this topic can be closed now :) {

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoanjoboryMaster