GoddessNimue

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englih
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I play VXACE games I'm stuck moving forward. I can move left but not right or down. In menu, I can only use the down arrow to move between options. I've been scouring the internet for help but I can't find a solution to the problem. I can't turn my keyboard off because I have a laptop. I'm not sure what to do to solve it. It's not a problem with the keyboard itself because I connected my bluetooth keyboard to test. It's not within the one game either, I made a new project in VX Ace Lite and I still have the same problem in the fresh project. I've tried messing with my drivers to see if that fixes anything, but nothing. Does anyone have any fixes?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This typically happens when someone has a game controller plugged in.

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try running this little thing made by Cherry:
https://cherryshare.at/f/7p0MHz

Your issue sounds like the one that's known to affect controls in all RPG_RT (2000/2003) and RGSS (XP/VX/Ace) engines and usually running this tool to cleanup keyboard-data helps. In case you have restarted your system meanwhile, the problem may have already disappeared.

~炬燵あ

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
there are three known reasons for this, all of them have happened to multiple people before:

1) game controller plugged in and activated
2) old (and no longer needed) driver from Win95/98 for tablets installed (even if tablet is not connected, the old drivers from Win98 clash with the newer game controller API)
3) dirty keyboard (no joke, someone had this problem after crumbs that had fallen into the keyboard stuck the keys)

GoddessNimue

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Englih
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are there specific drivers I should be looking for? I don't have my controller plugged in, and the reset program isn't working.
there are three known reasons for this, all of them have happened to multiple people before:

1) game controller plugged in and activated
2) old (and no longer needed) driver from Win95/98 for tablets installed (even if tablet is not connected, the old drivers from Win98 clash with the newer game controller API)
3) dirty keyboard (no joke, someone had this problem after crumbs that had fallen into the keyboard stuck the keys)

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Unplug your keyboard while playing the game and see what happens.
Maybe you have a stuck key.
Wireless controller?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there specific drivers I should be looking for?
as I said tablet drivers or scanner drivers.
no other device uses that old API that causes the conflicts.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_8_51_4.png
Both Mike and Ray here are in a "HYPE!" state after Mike uses "Wild Party", which also heals everyone. they'll do more damage and counter more often, but defense is lower along with hit rate.
WHEEL3.gif
Ooker spookers and fun attack mechanics! What a Friday!
Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxx042