Not open for further replies.

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just picked up VX Ace and I'm trying to make a fangame of LISA: The Painful, but whenever I place my character on a map they absolutely refuse to move unless I use the ctrl+arrow key. I've already double-checked that the tileset I'm using is set to an "o", so it shouldn't be impassible, and there are absolutely no auto events running that would prevent me from moving. I can only stand in place and turn. It's driving me crazy and I can't find a fix for it anywhere that I haven't already tried. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I discovered that putting some of the ground coverings and decorations enables me to walk, but I can't walk on the actual ground??

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you get your VX Ace, and how long ago? When did you first create this project and this map?

The issue is that you have either set the top left tile of the B sheet to a X passage setting, when it should be a star, or you have used a different tile with no sprite to 'erase' stuff you don't want anymore, when only the top left tile of the B sheet should be used to erase stuff.

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Please assume I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I got it off of steam a few days ago. I don't know where to change the b sheet aside form the o's and x's in the resource manager

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know where to change the b sheet aside form the o's and x's in the resource manager

If you're getting the Os and Xs, you're in the Tileset tab in the database, not in the resource manager, so you are exactly where you need to be.

What is on the top left tile in the B sheet for the map you have the issues on? It should be a star. If it's not, click it until it becomes a star. Then see if you still have the issue.

Though if you only got it from Steam a few days ago, that tile should be a star and you should not be able to change it, which means it's more likely the second thing I said.

Although ... ANOTHER option is that you have used a tile for the ground that is actually a wall tile. Can you show us a screenshot of your map, in the game, with the player standing on a tile you normally can't walk on without holding down Control?

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right, database is where I was. The top left tile is an iceberg sprite marked as an x. I changed it to an o and still nothing

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Also the problem is the same for any nap I've made. Is the b sheet referring to the second tab A-B in the mapping mode?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Genjen, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Top left tile should not be an iceberg sprite. On the B sheet, that tile should ALWAYS be empty. Also, it should be a star, not X or O, as I said.

Yes, B refers to the B tab, in the A-E list. It is there in mapping mode as well as in the tileset tab of the database.

Can you please show us a screenshot of the Tilesets tab, with the tileset selected that you've used on this map, and the B tab selected?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your upper left corner on your B sheet has been changed. That is what Shaz was telling you. There should be no tile in that spot and it should be star passability.

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So all of the tiles I want to use are in A tab, and none of them work, but neither do any of the tiles from subsequent tabs set to an "o". I'm lost

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your upper left corner on your B sheet has been changed. That is what Shaz was telling you. There should be no tile in that spot and it should be star passability.
That's how it came in the game's files that I uploaded. They work fine in the actual game when used, but when I design my own map zilch

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan it was shaz answering above, not me ;-)
So all of the tiles I want to use are in A tab, and none of them work,
it doesn't matter what is used from the A tab, the error is in the B tab.
You HAVE to change the B tab even if you don't use any other tile from there, because it is the B tab that destroys your passability.

please read this:

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

it doesn't matter what is used from the A tab, the error is in the B tab.
You HAVE to change the B tab even if you don't use any other tile from there, because it is the B tab that destroys your passability.

please read this:
Well, as I said up above, this is a tile set pulled straight from LISA The Painful. I didn't do anything to change the stars, os, and xs and they're identical (and work) in the LISA game when rendered in RPGM, but when I pull the same resources they don't work?

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Capture.PNG
This is exactly how it looks i my separate project, and it's the same in LISA.

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, so I read that and understand the differences between layers which is a HUGE help, thank you. The problem still remains that all of the tiles for the ground are on the A tab, and I want to set a floor that I can walk on with those graphics but they all constitute the bottom layer

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
please compare the two screenshots.
in the first tileset screenshot in post #8 the first tile is set to circle.
in the second tileset screenshot in post #14 the first tile is set to star.

the second one is correct and will work - if it is loaded. If you are using a savefile from before that change, then the wrong tileset might still be loaded and you need to leave and re-enter the map to reload with the correct settings.

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, these 3 shots confirming that I'm using the correct tile set, the B tab is set to a star, and such.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    383.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    607.8 KB · Views: 4

Genjen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I still cannot walk, I can only turn in place -_-

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I realized, probably as you were responding. :p

Well, as I said up above, this is a tile set pulled straight from LISA The Painful.

Welp, we don't support ripping resources here, so I'm closing this thread. You'll have to get help elsewhere.

If I'm wrong and at some point the creators of Lisa have released the graphics to be used or given you express permission to use them, you can pm me proof and I'll reopen this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Of course, so, someone had covid at work today and I was exposed to them, so, I'm stuck at home for...TWO WEEKS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balthor