Characters being offset with normal tiles. Searching for a fix.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by TheObermotz1, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheObermotz1

TheObermotz1 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Sorry for asking, but I've run into an issue with my project and I've not found any solution (not even people who have the same problem. That problem is, that character-sprites and tiles are slightly offset (like a few pixels up). It messes up both shadows and general map-design.
    Is there a way to realign the character-sprites so they look more like a normal tile?

For reference, I have postet a screenshot:
    crate_example.png

The lower crates are normal tiles only, the right crates are character-sprites only and the upper crates are a mix of the two. As you can see, it looks absolutely horrible.

If anybody has had the same problem, it would be great if you could share the solution (if there is one).

2. Heirukichi

Heirukichi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The problem lies in your character sprites. Character sprites are meant to be few pixels above normal tiles. To fix this just add a ! in your sprite file name, it is used for sprites that are supposed to be on the same level as other tiles so they will be aligned to the grid.

If you want to have an idea of what I am talking about you can take a look at the RTP folder then graphics/characters. You will find a few examples of what I mean.

TheObermotz1 likes this.
  3. TheObermotz1

TheObermotz1 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    @Heirukichi

Well, that solved the issue. Thank you.
    The solution always seems so obvious in hindsight.

...how do I close down a thread again?

4. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @TheObermotz1 To get your thread closed, use the Report button on your opening post and ask for it to be closed.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.