Characters inspired on ancient Greece or Rome (MV)

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Discomusic, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Discomusic

Discomusic Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi,
    as per topic, for my project I would need a set of characters or generator parts inspired on ancient european cultures. I need both soldier characters and noble characters (like togas or similar).
    I don't want you to create these things just for me (unless you are creatively stimulated by the idea), but maybe you can pinpoint me to already existing sets, since it is hard to find something specific in a such vast database that is the Resource Central. From a quick research I found a topic from 2016 asking for the same thing but with no replies, and a recent topic with a Greek armor that I will probably use and credit (thanks LadyBaskerville!). Do you know about anything else?

Thank you!!

2. Oddball

Oddball Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. Switz

Switz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is a Greek Hoplite sprite somewhere around here that with a little work, you can make the helmet plume higher and do some light recoloring and will look great. I used it for the armor of soldiers from a desert region in my game, but blended it with the African character sprites (from memory, I think whtdragon, if I got that wrong I am so sorry, not at home looking at our official credit sheet yet) and they came out amazing.

Edit - And just read your entire request and saw that you found them already. But yeah, Greek sprites body, replace head with either custom or even just the stock officers helmet/head and there ya go. A simple recolor of the Greeks cuirass and maybe a red or purple stock cape and then WAMO, Roman Centurian

4. Pearl484

Pearl484 Sweetly Spiked Flower Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maig Memple and I made a toga with a laurel. Yunary has a laurel too.

5. Discomusic

Discomusic Villager Member

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you all! I will look into your suggestions and use them for my work :)