THE-ERA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
in the game im making, i wanted it to be pixelated, so i made 16x16 tiles and upscaled it so every pixel is atualy a 4x4 grid of the same color, now everything is more pixelated while still being 48x48 like rpgmaker mz needs

but characters while walking dont only move in multiples of 4 pixels each frame, meaning on some frames theyre only moves half of a 4x4pixel over and that might make my game look bad

another problem is that characters get moved up by 1 pixel on the screen, which also does not line up

so how to i fix this?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you're mixing up several things, especially the difference between pixels and tiles.

what you want specifically does not exist - there are plugins for pixel movement, but they move single pixel and not 4-pixel-steps. and the regular full tile movement of course.
you can request a specific plugin like what you want, but I doubt that you'll get it for free unless someone has a pixel movement plugin that can easily be rewritten for 4-pixel-steps. But it's a chance.

second, characters do not get moved up 1 pixel - if you're talking about the effect I assume you're talking about, that is a shift by several pixels and intended to give the illusion that the NPCs walk inside the grid instead of the border. That shift can easily be disabled by declaring the sprite to be an object sprite (like doors etc) by placing ! in front of the filename. IF that is what you're talking about, you'll have to test that yourself.

You might be better off using a plugin to change the grid/tilesize, but that is a lot of work and it would make your current sprites useless. But again, it is an option for you...

THE-ERA

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You might be better off using a plugin to change the grid/tilesize, but that is a lot of work and it would make your current sprites useless. But again, it is an option for you...

well i make the sprites in 16x16 and then scale them up so doing it in reverse wouldnt be too hard

thanks, ill go try that

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

At work.
Co: "This bug drove me insane. I tried a lot of things to debug, it just stuck".
Me: "How did you debug it?"
Co: *shows a complicated debugging method using breakpoints and everything*
Me: "What about ... " *casually prints a stack trace in the try/catch exception
Co: "Wait, you can do that??"
Totally original and unique OC
Harold.png
So after completing the Mass Effect Trilogy the first time as a Vanguard, I decided to replay the trilogy as a Soldier. Thus far, I've just finished the Horizon mission in ME2, and I'm already exhausted from ME2's f**k-awful enemy design.
Yeah, now Yes !!!! "boom boom "
"Fire the monsters, guards!!!"

index.php
I can't stop buying resource packs I'll never use, or engines for that matter, or free resources as my two terabyte external will attest. I am a digital hoarder I guess. Some people get drunk off the silly juice when they are bored, I just buy shiny digital nonsense I don't need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trashcanislandd