FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Synopsis:
They say that long ago the world was divided by the Great Chasm.

The World Above was at peace thanks to the just rule of the Arkanians – the gods and creators of all – and they guided humanity for their own good.
The Underworld though was chaotic and in a constant state of political turmoil with feudal lords fighting over the emperor's throne. And so it was no wonder that its people – the daemons – fell under the wicked influence of the Dark One, who desired to conquer all of creation.
The Dark One promised the daemons the riches of the World Above and the destruction of the Arkanians, who seemed to have abandoned the Underworld for humanity.

And thus began the great war of the gods: The legions of the Underworld swept over the lands of men and brought death and destruction with them.
The last hope of humanity was the Order of the Arkanians' Sword and Shield: Knights strong in faith and magic, who would challenge the forces of evil.

The war raged for decades and in its seemingly never ending struggles there were many heroes ultimately forgotten by time.
This tale is about some of them who changed the world's fate forever...
  • A noble knight of the Order just following a routine mission is suddenly dragged into a conspiracy and has to find out the truth about a former friend and his ambitions.
  • A daemon betraying her people to own up to her own mistakes and saving the innocent people of the World Above. She also fights against the injustice forced upon her brethren by the Dark One.
  • A human belonging to the technoids – humans refusing the rule of the gods – searching for a greater purpose. He travels around the world while avoiding the responsibilities of his creations he left behind.
  • A sorceress aspiring to be a Vena – a vessel – of the Arkanians goes on a pilgrimage to prove herself worthy in the eyes of her family. Her duty compells her to follow a strange vision sent by the gods themselves: Finding three peculiar companions to fight off the evils coming from the Great Chasm.
Join these four unlikely heroes on their journey through the land of "Zhetan" and prevent the war consuming even the “land of the gods”...
  • Experience a compelling story
  • Fight exciting and strategic battles
  • Improve powerful skills
  • Discover a world full of secrets
  • Learn about its history
  • And challenge the status quo!

The Characters:

Features:
  • ATB Sideview Battle System
  • Sidequests, Fetchquests & Mobhunting
  • Crafting for Items, Weapons, Armours AND Abilities
  • Skill Levels
  • Bestiary
  • Action Menu for puzzle solving
  • Individual playing style for each hero
  • Treasures, secrets and optional locations to discover

Screenshots:

Download:

Links:
Twitter: @FervorCraft

Last edited:

Jayje

THE Lone Indie Cheese!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
YYYAAAYYY!! ANOTHER RMXP GAME!!!

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw this game on rpgmaker.net and wanted to play it!

Unfortunately the demo is only in German.

I'm looking forward to an English release of the demo. It's intriguing! I'll keep my eye on this one.

Nightblade50

Developer of "Delta Origins"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I saw this game on rpgmaker.net and wanted to play it!
Unfortunately the demo is only in German.
I'm looking forward to an English release of the demo. It's intriguing! I'll keep my eye on this one.
Don't worry, the English release is currently well under way, so you will be able to check it out in Winter 2019.
So, it's coming soon! °^°

Greetings,
FervorCraft

MasterofRevels

Music Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks really cool! I'm a fan of the character art especially :)

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
This looks really cool! I'm a fan of the character art especially :)
Thank you very much!
We put in a lot of effort to improve the art over the years. °^°

---
The translation for the demo is still in progress, but it looks good so far.
In the meantime, I've got some newer screenshots for you:

"Charon - Zhetan Chronicles" will have a Worldmap, too. But because the RPG Maker XP doesn't have those tiles on its own, I had do edit a set together by myself.

Greetings,
FervorCraft

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful world map and interesting points of interests scattered around. Looks like a deep story. Looking forward to playing.

MDZ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Beautiful mapping! "I see puzzles!!!"

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Some small bits to illustrate some of the game's content:

The battles in Charon - Zhetan Chronicles are not simply won by spamming "attack", but you have to use the enemies' weaknesses against them. Which causes some interesting encounters in some instances like shown above!

Also, every hero has their own skillset which allows for interesting combinations. Here shown are Sword and Shield Stance, which can be used to devastate the enemy.

And well... this game also includes some odd references and cameos, it seems.

That's it for now!

Greetings,
FervorCraft

Tatsuya

Tatsyua Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks interesting

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
A new version was released, including an english translation!
You can find it in the starting post.

Happy Holidays and have fun playing! °^°

Greetings,
FervorCraft

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
There was a small update with some bug fixing.
It's included under the same link to download.

Has someone checked out the game yet?

Greetings,
FervorCraft

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi there!

I hope everyone had a decent start into 2020 and maybe someone tried the english Version of "Charon - Zhetan Chronicles"?

In the meantime, we are working on new content for the next release. Here are two examples:

(Some skills are getting improved to be more useful in battle)

(Archmage Salm will feature again in the upcoming content! What are they up to though?)

That's everything to show so far.
If you have feedback, reviews or Lets Plays/Streams, let us know! We want to know what you think of the game. °^°

Greetings,
FervorCraft

Ciclope

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Man, it's hard to find a starting point, since I have so much to talk about. The game has some of the best elements and mechanics I've ever seen, not only due to the fact they work in perfect harmony, but also because they help creating an immersive world for the player.

I must say that exploration is, by far, the strongest aspect of the game - it feels so satisfying to explore each and every corner of the maps, knowing there will always be something to be found. Some could say it's a cheap reward system when a creator puts items everywhere, but I like to see it from a different angle: to me, it feels like you, as a creator, took the time to fill the maps with as much content as possible, and thanks to that, you managed to turn the world into something more organic. The most interesting thing is to see how the itens work together with all the mechanics around Side Quests, Crafting, etc - it feels like everything was thought out from the very beginning, and I, as a developer who's been working on a single game for more than 15 years, can see how impressive the work you've done is. It's not easy to maintain a high level of quality and consistency throughout a long-term adventure, so congratulations.

The mapping fits perfectly the game purpose; exploration wouldn't be as fun and entertaining if the maps weren't beautifully crafted as they were. One detail I really must highlight is the great use of verticality in certain maps, like the mines of Mikhail. There are a lot of people out there who praise Dark Souls for its interconnected world and vertical mapping that leads to breath-taking views, but not all of them are able to see the same level of competence in other games, which is sad, because there are lots of games that show superior level design, mapping, etc. A good example is, well, your game - seriously, the amount of content present in each map is mindblowing, specially in regards to puzzles and locked areas that will provide some re-visiting moments in the future.

So, long story short: it hurts me when I happen to hear/read people saying RPG Maker XP is obsolete, when in fact, you can't get any better from its mapping system. The real beauty behind mapping, to me, lies in its structural composition, and I'm glad I can still find good games such as this, that uses the right tools at their full potential.

==//==

This is just part one, okay? I'll be diving into Story elements, as well as characters, battles, visuals, and so on, as soon as I can.

As for the moment, let me say it again: congratulations on the great work!

Last edited:

Ciclope

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
The story has an approach that differs a lot from my style. I'm really into character-driven stuff, so seeing a game more focused on world-building, quests and arcs being created by not-so-connected events and characters, has given me a refreshing experience. But I've gotta say that, seeing the characters following leads, almost as clueless as the player, and having to face a lot of unforeseen obstacles... created a sensation that they were of no importance to the world at all. Almost like kids on a silly quest, when in fact, the threat they are investigating and trying to prevent should've at least granted them a bit more support - not even direct support, but at least something that would've eliminated the sense of being always by themselves. What I'm trying to say is that, it's hard to see the main quest as something important, if we don't see it being treated as such by others aside from the main characters. It feels like everyone else's busy with something, but we don't see what, so it creates this empty feeling of negligent authorities, only to give the player the role of being the chosen one. I'd say that, from the moment the player receives the Lantern, thus being the only one who can deal with the magical stuff going on in certain places, they should be given at least some more support from the important guys. It doesn't have to be anything big... perhaps some financial support, letters and items from your superiors; maybe a group of detectives that would take a look at the situation after your group had cleaned the area from threats - y'know? Actually, I'm just nitpicking for the sake of it... it's just a sensation that had continued around my head while I was playing: Why is Sai so... I don't know... powerless? Maybe that's what you were going for, so it's fine.

==//==

As a non-native English speaker, I can't tell naturality, or lack thereof, in the dialogues; but I've spotted a few tiny mistakes here and there during my playthrough - most of them were minor things, like question-marks after sentences that weren't questions; a few sentences in german (When you use "Steal-like ability *I forgot its name" with Mara for example, I was like "Whaaaat?")

I have a Golden Rule when creating a Dungeon or mission: "If the mission tells the player to cross the forest and get the Holy Sword, that's the last thing they'll do." By that I mean, if there's any chance of presenting the player to unexpected situations, I'll do it, so that the adventure gets off the rails for a period of time, maybe for the whole rest of the game even. And in this specific regard, you've done a superb job! There's absolutely no dull moments during the adventure, since they all contribute in creating the overall atmosphere and mood. Here, I'm presenting the flip side of the coin: yes, I think the way characters seem to be clueless about certain situations that happen upon them, hurts the game a bit; but on the other hand, the surprise effect is always there, giving the player interesting stuff to do and engaging problems to solve.

Man, the NPCs must have been the biggest surprise for me. I've tried to find at least ONE that would give me a shallow dialogue, like "Oh, it's a nice day up here, blah blah," but no... they all have had deep and interesting things to say - not only that, the characters actually engage in the conversations, provide answers and show interest in knowing more about everything the NPCs have to comment about their lives, the places they're visiting and so on. It's so easy for the player to skip past NPCs, so when I saw all the work you've put in creating branching conversations, motivations and opinions, even for the simplest of them, my jaw started to drop. And you know what? It worked! At a certain point, when I realized all the NPCs would have important information and perhaps sidequests, I started to talk to everyone and pay double attention to their words. It has certainly changed my view about NPCs, since they've always been one of my least favorite things to work on, given their lack of importance to the main story in most games - but you were able to change the way I see them, and perhaps it'll help me in the future - it was an inspiring experience to see so many well fleshed out NPCs, specially in a game of such scale.

I'm not done yet. Next time: battles, visuals, and maybe more =D

Last edited:

Ciclope

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Okay, let's continue - I'll probably end up skipping a few points I wanted to mention when I started writing this text, due to the fact I haven't been having enough free time lately. My plan was to write the whole thing right after finishing the Demo, but y'know, things don't work out as planned sometimes. Anyway, here we go:

The battles, oh man, it feels so good to spend the first turn making preparations, raising my defenses - the array of options we have to work with is perfect, in my opinion: we don't have that many Skills and items, but man, each and every one of them feels like it deserves to be there - it has a purpose within the structure you've built. Not only that, I'm a big fan of games that trade numbers for consistency - in other words, I'd rather fight five interesting monsters than fight twenty shallow ones where I would only need to spam the attack button. I think the balance you've achieved in distribution and difficulty level is a plus - I could spend the entire day mentioning in detail all of the enemies' gimmicks and strategies I had to come up with in order to defeat them, but let's just say it was a great experience.

Now, that doesn't mean everything is great about the battle-system. Even though I applaud the balance you've achieved, there are still a few things that create a feeling of frustration from time to time. I've lost count of how many times I tried to understand the huge variability the characters' attacks have - I understand that certain enemies have strengths and weaknesses, but the fact of the matter is that, even after hours of gameplay, attacks and items would cause incredibly low damage to the enemies - from Mara's attacks to Poison Knives; from grenades to any other kind of elemental fragment - all of them had felt useless more times than I could count, specially when facing the sponge-like bosses, that even after being completely neutralized, would still be a pain to overcome simply because of the low damage the heroes were dealing.

Now, what would I have done differently? Personally, I think the heroes should always be faster than the enemies - specially when dealing with the ones that can poison you, or cause any other negative stat. There's nothing more frustrating than being on a situation where you take damage, come up with a good strategy to come back on top, but fail because the bees are faster than everyone. Not only that, I think consumable items should receive a buffy-buff - specially the Poison Knife, even if it means reducing the percentage of life the effect will decrease, at least give it a higher chance of actually poisoning the enemy. Why? Because it's so damn satisfying =D

==//==

On visuals, I won't say anything about the Tilesets and Add-ons - everything related to the maps is nothing less than perfection, in my opinion. Okay, certain maps are a bit chaotic, full of information, but the sheer amount of detail you've put into them, specially the organic ones, full of grass, cliffs, flowers, etc - they're gorgeous! Fun fact, though: it's hard for a game to actually catch my attention nowadays, since I'm always busy working on my personal projects - the one map that has made me download your game was the one with the ruins, I have a thing for ruins s2

Now, the more original pieces. First of all, congrats for taking the time to create your own portraits for the characters - we have so many options of pre-made faces and busts nowadays, that not everyone will actually try their own thing, specially given the high quality of the resources we can find out there. I'll start by saying that I've had kind of a problem with the characters' faces throughout the game - they don't go with my personal taste, but I'm able to remain neutral about it - the problem, though, is the fact that, not only I feel they don't match with the game's overall tone, but they also don't represent the characters' emotions accurately. Mara is the one that's gotten me the most confused: from her faces, I couldn't understand if she was being shy, annoyed, embarassed, sad, nervous, uncomfortable, during her key pieces of dialogue. I'll go into more details later, but for now, I would recommend a complete change in the color pallet, and maybe a little bit of editing so that the characters look a bit less... cartoony, so to speak.

Next time, maybe, just maybe, I'll start talking about my favorite element: character development ^^

Last edited:

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi there!

Thank you very much for your feedback.
I am always very happy, when people actually care to engage that much with my content. °^°
It's quite the interesting read and I am always excited for the next part!

That being said, I have some questions...

Even though I applaud the balance you've achieved, there are still a few things that create a feeling of frustration from time to time. I lost count of how many times I've tried to understand the huge variability the characters' attacks have - I understand that certain enemies have strengths and weaknesses, but the fact of the matter is that, even after hours of gameplay, attacks and items would cause incredibly low damage to the enemies - from Mara's attacks to Poison Knives; from grenades to any other kind of elemental fragment - all of them had felt useless more times than I could count, specially when facing the sponge-like bosses, that even after being completely
neutralized, would still be a pain to overcome simply because of the low damage the heroes were dealing.
Could you elaborate on this with some concrete examples?
Because as a matter of fact, you shouldn't deal so minor damage, if you
a) keep the equipment on the heroes up to date
b) level up their skills
c) use the enemies' elemental weaknesses

Keeping all three in mind, even mighty bosses can be felled rather swiftly.
So I am a bit confused why you had such difficulties? ^^;

I would recommend a complete change in the color pallet, and maybe a little bit of editing so that the characters look a bit less... cartoony, so to speak.
I don't really understand what do you mean by that? Could you elaborate?

Anyway, looking forward to your next posts!

Greetings,
FervorCraft

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.
Well bad reviews r making me rather annoyed today.
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venterok