Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
charon_zc_20200502_04.png

Synopsis:
They say that long ago the world was divided by the Great Chasm.

16.png

The World Above was at peace thanks to the just rule of the Arkanians – the gods and creators of all – and they guided humanity for their own good.
The Underworld though was chaotic and in a constant state of political turmoil with feudal lords fighting over the emperor's throne. And so it was no wonder that its people – the daemons – fell under the wicked influence of the Dark One, who desired to conquer all of creation.
The Dark One promised the daemons the riches of the World Above and the destruction of the Arkanians, who seemed to have abandoned the Underworld for humanity.

And thus began the great war of the gods: The legions of the Underworld swept over the lands of men and brought death and destruction with them.
The last hope of humanity was the Order of the Arkanians' Sword and Shield: Knights strong in faith and magic, who would challenge the forces of evil.

The war raged for decades and in its seemingly never ending struggles there were many heroes ultimately forgotten by time.
This tale is about some of them who changed the world's fate forever...
  • A noble knight of the Order just following a routine mission is suddenly dragged into a conspiracy and has to find out the truth about a former friend and his ambitions.
  • A daemon betraying her people to own up to her own mistakes and saving the innocent people of the World Above. She also fights against the injustice forced upon her brethren by the Dark One.
  • A human belonging to the technoids – humans refusing the rule of the gods – searching for a greater purpose. He travels around the world while avoiding the responsibilities of his creations he left behind.
  • A sorceress aspiring to be a Vena – a vessel – of the Arkanians goes on a pilgrimage to prove herself worthy in the eyes of her family. Her duty compells her to follow a strange vision sent by the gods themselves: Finding three peculiar companions to fight off the evils coming from the Great Chasm.

Overview:
In this GAMEPLAY DEMO, you join the four unlikely heroes of "Charon - Zhetan Chronicles" on a mission to investigate the mysterious Obsidian Grotto to vanquish the evil presence dwelling within...
  • Explore a brand-new area with new enemies and secrets
  • Fight exciting and strategic battles in the new CTB Battle System
  • Get to know the full hero party and their skill sets
  • Learn new lore and secrets about the world of "Charon"

Features:
  • CTB Sideview Battle System
  • Sidequests, Fetchquests & Mobhunting
  • Crafting for Items, Weapons, Armours AND Abilities
  • Skill Levels
  • Bestiary
  • Action Menu for puzzle solving
  • Individual playing style for each hero[
  • Treasures, secrets and optional locations to discover

Screenshots:
EKCQyf.png

heEwHn.png

aDvZxt.png

o3UYbt.png

5Sfb8R.png

0Jda%2B8.png

Download:
>>NEW<< Charon - ZC GAMEPLAY DEMO (v0.7.1)
Charon - ZC GAMEPLAY DEMO (v0.7)

Links:
Twitter: @FervorCraft

Greetings,
FervorCraft

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Your game looks really good! Love those XP graphics :wub

Definitely going to try this out later.

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Has anybody tried out the Gameplay Demo yet?

We are curious about your feedback and suggestions. °^°

Greetings,
FervorCraft

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You've seen it already but I might as well put it here. A First Look of your game.
Overall thoughts. The combat is a bit slow due to you having to do your moves one at a time.
If you could select your moves one after another and then the animations do their thing for them all I think the combat would go by much faster. As it is, the combat is too long in my opinion.

I do like the bigger combat images. It's nice to not see the little chibi characters for once.

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
You've seen it already but I might as well put it here. A First Look of your game.

Thank you again for your video and the feedback you provided! :)

The combat is a bit slow due to you having to do your moves one at a time.
If you could select your moves one after another and then the animations do their thing for them all I think the combat would go by much faster. As it is, the combat is too long in my opinion.

I have to disagree here. ^^;
You are suggesting the classic turn-based approach where basically every action is decided at the beginning of a round and then just played out.
I have my doubts that this would be really that much faster, especially with larger enemy groups...

The point of this game's combat system is to choose one action at a time to be able to properly plan and react in battle, bc you can see whom's turn is gonna be next. Kinda like in Final Fantasy X, if you played that.
That is also why different kinds of actions raise or lower your chance to get the next turn.
The fastest way to approach enemies is to actually look for the element they are weak against and use attacks which have those (atleast I got the impression that you tried to beat even the thoughest enemies with the basic standard attacks, which doesn't really work in this game).

That being said, I am currently improving the UI and code a bit to make it easier to recognize effective damage and to speed up some reactions of enemies like the slime transformation.

I do like the bigger combat images. It's nice to not see the little chibi characters for once.
Thank you! We put a lot of effort into them. :D

Greetigns,
FervorCraft

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
title_itch_update_20200812.png

Hello there!

We have just released a small update for the gameplay demo. You can find the current download in the first posting of this thread.

The following changes were made:
  • Added several more hints and tutorials to better guide the player in some spots
    img_update_v071_02.png
    img_update_v071_03.png
  • Improved the damage display. Now effective and ineffective attacks get different colors to make it easier for players to find the proper weaknesses of the enemy
    img_update_v071_01.png
  • Added a marker to consistently show up when the player can interact with some spot on the map. Is used for jumping, treasures, loot and secrets
  • Improved the UI for the selection of key items and magical elements
That's it for now.
We hope you'll have fun with the update and try out the demo, if you didn't already.

Greetings,
FervorCraft

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Did somebody already try out the updated gameplay demo?

Feel free to leave us some feedback! °^°

Greetings,
FervorCraft

gRaViJa

Eniko Ghosts of Grace Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks great, not sure why this isn't getting more attention here. Is it also built with XP or just using it's graphics asa base? I will check out the demo!

Edit: Says RMXP in the tags :) -> Just wondering, how are you coping with the older technology. Don't you feel like you're hitting the limits of the engine?

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Is it also built with XP or just using it's graphics asa base?
Yes, we are using the RMXP. :D

Just wondering, how are you coping with the older technology. Don't you feel like you're hitting the limits of the engine?
There are certainly rather annoying road blocks (performance, resolution, porting and so on), but overall we can still realize all the features needed for the game. Also, because the project is in the works for over many years, with much features and content already done, it would be extremely time-consuming to change to another engine now. So, we try to squeeze out the best from the engine as we can... :LZSwink:

Greetings,
FervorCraft

FervorCraft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Happy New Year!

We have started again working on "Charon - Zhetan Chronicles" and are making good progress so far. °^°

Did somebody try out the gameplay demo in the meantime?

Feel free to leave us some feedback! °^°

Greetings,
FervorCraft

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
elexy 1.2.pngSome bust art to be cropped and cleaned. May use in special decision moments. Depending on how it looks in game I may cut it.
Tiamat-86 wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
apparently since its turning 15 years old this year the ps3 is considered "retro". now how old do you feel?
guess that means im an "antique" gamer since ill still play games as old as i am.
"you know your getting old when your childhood console changes ethnicity" lol it turned yellow
I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirra