Tutorial-Blog Charsets: Structure and Avoiding Traps!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Today we tackled some more basics that are surely useful for anyone who has problems setting up new charsets. Enjoy!

Always happy for Feedback and suggestions :3

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very useful tutorial, actually this should be pinned or placed somewhere on website.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really appreciate these blogs. Turns out I never did have a full grasp of ! and $. This is greatly increasing my 'got it right' the first times and decreasing my 'gotta tweak it a little more' times. Thank you.

ETA: If you're taking requests for ideas for new tutorials, I think one similar to this but directed to the tilesheets would be great. I just recently learned by trial and error that you can't just copy and paste willy-nilly to any sheet and expect things to appear as you thought. For instance, Tile 0 of Tileset B erases what's underneath, but another tile, even if empty, won't do that (and maybe I don't even have that right). And it will only erase tiles of B, C, D, E, but not A. Otherwise it will superimpose itself (got to do with layers I suspect). Anyway, you see my point? I can't be the only non-artist out here who could stand to learn the rules of the tilesets. Just a suggestion. I truly do appreciate these short but sweet and so informative tutorials.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CodeUltima