Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Created with RMVXACE. 

DISCLAIMER! : I DO NOT reserve the rights nor do I own any music, scripts, tilesets, and character sheets that have been used in the creation of this game.
The only files used in this game that I fully own is my own character artwork used for Austin, Gregory, and Caroline.

All other resources used belong to their respective original owners. 
Monster sprites belong to Nexon as I DO NOT  have any possession of them. 
Lighting Scripts from the user Khas. Thanks to Venka for the use of their Bestiary Script.  
Thanks to Atelier-iris, MOG-Hunter for the free use of their many scripts. 
Thanks to Yanfly for providing many menu scripts. Thanks to eugene222 and Valentine for their CMS Script. 
Thanks to the wonderful Wishdream for providing a complete english-translation of Tankentai battle system, the original by Enu. 
Thanks to Victor for his Skip Battle Log Script. And finally, thanks to Zerbu for providing a script for Start Menu Customization.
THIS GAME IS NOT INTENDED FOR COMMERCIAL SALE WHATSOEVER!! And I WILL NOT be making a profit from it!

(I also realize some of these maps are preset maps that are scheduled to be updated in the future. The steal function and scan function are incomplete as well.

Adding puzzels and re-doing dungeons as well. Most preset maps are placeholders for now. )
     Now without further ado.....
Chasing Jimmy

In the world of Val' Vathika, the Eastern Hemisphere has two main continents. Zeldorak to the West, and Barokenne to the East. Of this continent there are 3 main races...
Humans: Dominating almost all of Zeldorak and still having a high population in Barokenne, humans are seen by other races as multi-talented, community-driven experts in war and commerce. 
Their shortcomings show through in their lack of magical abilities, rash decisions, and selfish leadership. 
Elven: Though the majority of the Elvish people populate the Western Hemisphere, they can also be found in the Southern Peninsula of Barokenne. Scattered scarcely across the rest of the world, 
they are masters of combat and magic, yet fall short by being extremely xenophobic. Almost every Elven child is born being able to manipulate some sort of magic.
Flynefolk: These people are the descendants of what is said to be the first intelligent life-form created by the Goddess Samhaine. They possess attributes of humans, mammals, and birds. 
Some looking more feral than others. They're incredibly gifted at acrobatics and insane feats of physical strength. Yet they can't keep it up for too long for the lactic acid in their muscles builds up 
almost twice as fast as Humans, and three times faster than Elves. They are genetically unable to reproduce with other races and have the shortest lifespan of all three main races. Many can 
use magic but aren't the most adept at wielding it to the full potential that others could. They are mostly known to be nomads, traveling in very small groups, or alone, across the continent of Barokenne. 
The only fully established Flynefolk colony is located at the very Southeast coast of Barokenne. 
     You will be playing the first couple of hours in the first demo released. Play as Austin T. Avery on his own modest but entertaining story of leaving everything you hate in search of something that 
you love. Your father hasn't come home for awhile now and your mother Ruth is getting annoyed with you. You're told to go check the Guard Headquarters in the snowy village of Tellworl. Maybe your 
Dad's there?
     Look forward to many scenes dealing with character development, racism, fantasy political issues, storytelling, and the tale of all those caught in between. In the future being able to spend much time 
taking requests from people you meet along the way to help them, all the while finding a bit more out about not only yourself, but the world of Val'Vathika as well! Moderate length in dungeons is balanced 
by intermediate to hard combat, with many more things to be added to the final release. If you like leveling up your party, many flashy skills, and classic JRPGs, this one's for you!

You play as Austin T. Avery. An average (and slightly ugly) 17-year-old human boy from Tellworl. Located at the most Upper North of the Zeldorak continent. His father is a locally well-known 
guard of high standing. And one day your mother Ruth needs you to fetch him from work and bring him home. Thus, the story begins.

The game is about 30% completed at this time.

PICTURES:  

If possible I would like as much constructive criticism and feedback as possible! Thank you for taking your time to read and/or play this game!
And if any of you know how to fix the coordinate reset problem with enemy battlers, lemme' know! (lol).

Game File can be found here.  (Please press F5 to use the fullscreen function.)

https://mega.nz/#!b8phGCpR!6UfdMVALDsWfycAmiRuw7Sj1J6L35qDwOaGCjonQf3c

Last edited by a moderator:

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Added a few pictures and a slightly updated/fixed DEMO. 

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
BUMP...Please. 

gendfleur

Even Satanists have standards.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
hey ! this looks really cool, and i'll download it next week (if i remember... i have a pretty bad memory :/) but in the meantime, you might want to work on improving your game thread so more people are interested ! here's a thread someone else wrote on that exact topic:

coticka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, sorry it took a long time to respond to this. I've been working a LOT on this project. 

HUGE update to it as this demo had a lot of bugs, missing animations, mapping errors, and throwaway dialog. 

Updating the demo now, lol. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

[Literally everything] is not defined.
Some neat things I made.
Shown to you in the form of an awful Windows Movie Maker Video.
1653453172179.png
Another amazing plugin by Dsiver! Thank you!

Salvage plugin. Craft something you decide you no longer need, or find an item you have no interest in, salvage it for scrap and resources. As you salvage items, gain EXP and level up. The higher your level, the better odds you have at succeeding, and the more material you'll actually acquire.
Harold Jam 2022: Dark Universe game jam is live! https://itch.io/jam/haroldjam22

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shipwill422