chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am a bit short on time at the moment T__T But I will do my best to work this into my schedule, this entire plugin is a bit old and definitely could use some more attention :x

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply and take your time! I think you have some very useful plug-ins and appreciate all your hard work!

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chaucer

So I have the plugin parameter enabled to prevent the screen from stretching, but what if I still wanted to click the resize button on the top window, not by partially dragging or stretching the window with a mouse but clicking the resize button to fully resize it?

It's no issue with the plugin and not to be confused with fullscreen, but I like the idea that I don't stretch or drag the window itself, but I was curious if it was possible to for the resize button to work.

Would that be doable for this plugin?

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A new version is being worked on, I'll see what I can do :)

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will test it on android devices to see the results. This would be great if work on android.
How does the plugin work?
There is a method to get the screen size of the player, then apply the resolution specified by the developer(depending on the size got)?
Or the resolution is applied manually by the developer or player?

I think it would be a cool thing to add something like that:
if(screen size of the player is X) then let the player choose one resolution that fits good for him.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The current version is not android friendly, however I'm in the process of reworking the plugin to be much more flexible, and a bit cleaner / more readable.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A minor update :)

● Version : 1.1.0
● Date : 02/01/2020
★ improved help file.
★ Improved code structure.

Please note I have not had the chance to debug this on an android/ios/web deployed game, however it should perform without any issues, Just a heaadsup though, I will test this when I get a chance, I just have many other things going on at the moment.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chaucer I have the parameter enabled to prevent screen stretching (by dragging the edge of the window), but it doesn't work on this version.

Edit: I'm using MV 1.5.1. with the plugin update.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using MV 1.5.1 with this plugin update.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@RK DracoRoy , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
._.; my apologies I posted the wrong plugin version log, this plugin is not supported on any version of MV less than 1.6.0, there is a reason for this, a lot of the methods used don't function( specifically, the methods related to preventing screen stretching ) in the same fashion on previous versions of nwjs, they're a lot more prone to bugging out, and require some weird work arounds in order to fix. I can make it work, but when the window resizes, it's going to look really odd, and feel a bit janky... You can see some of the issues in previous iterations of the plugin :/

This was definitely not a minor update( that was for instant text plugin ), there was a lot of changes to this plugin, I'd highly recommend upgrading to 1.6.0+( if you can ), or if there's enough demand for a 1.5.X version I will d my best to find a way to make it work more reliably.

● Version : 3.0.0
● Date : 02/05/2020
★ Refactored the plugins code.
★ Added fullscreen option in options menu.
★ Added ability to disable full screen by F4.
★ Dropped support for RPG Maker Versions below 1.6.0.

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@chaucer

Hello :)

First: Thank you for the great Plugin and the Update for it.
I have here some Error Report for you.

Critical Error with the Fullscreen Button.

If you use the Fullscreen Button in the menu, the plugin is unusable. I am not an expert, however I believe that the plugin damages the "Plugin.JS" in any way. After manual removal of the plugin from the file and starting without a plugin etc. - I added the plugin again, which then worked again.

Uncaught Error: Invalid value for argument 2. Property 'top': Expected 'integer' but got 'number', consider using Math.round().

I will send you a screenshot attached :)

A minor "problem" is the custom resolution. It only seems to go up to 1280x720. I know 1920x1080 isn't that popular, but it would be nice if this option worked.

If I enter 1920x1080, this option does not appear in the menu. The resolution 1280x720 however (and also works).

Attachments

Last edited:

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Feraleth Thanks for the feeedback! I've not encountered any issues with the full screen button, however I'll take another look into this, if I'm not able to replicate this I may ask you a couple questions to help me find the problem. The fullscreen button does not affect the plugin.js file, however it DOES modify the package.json file, and the config.rpgsave file, so the issue might possibly be from one of these.

As for the custom resolution, it offers full support of Any screensize you can specify, even 1920x1080, HOWEVER, this plugin removes resolutions that are larger than the end users screen size, for example if you listed 1920x1080 as a resolution, but the monitor your game is running on is only 1600x900, you will not have the option of 1920x1080. The reason for this is that the screen re-centers itself after each resize, and if you choose 1920x1080, but your resolution is smaller, the borders of the window will be off of your screen, means you won't have access to the minimize/maximize/close button at the top of the window( also some of your game will be off screen ).

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Feraleth Thanks for the feeedback! I've not encountered any issues with the full screen button, however I'll take another look into this, if I'm not able to replicate this I may ask you a couple questions to help me find the problem. The fullscreen button does not affect the plugin.js file, however it DOES modify the package.json file, and the config.rpgsave file, so the issue might possibly be from one of these.

As for the custom resolution, it offers full support of Any screensize you can specify, even 1920x1080, HOWEVER, this plugin removes resolutions that are larger than the end users screen size, for example if you listed 1920x1080 as a resolution, but the monitor your game is running on is only 1600x900, you will not have the option of 1920x1080. The reason for this is that the screen re-centers itself after each resize, and if you choose 1920x1080, but your resolution is smaller, the borders of the window will be off of your screen, means you won't have access to the minimize/maximize/close button at the top of the window( also some of your game will be off screen ).
@chaucer
Thank you for your quick feedback. I'm already pretty tired and exhausted, but I made two small videos for you.

Since I have no idea, I do not want to comment much, except that the screens have the required resolution (but is shown again in the video).

I will send you the link via PM, please let me know if you no longer need the videos (deletion due to storage space, etc.). I am sorry if I as a user are responsible for this error, but unfortunately I cannot find any error on my part.

Last edited:

Feraleth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey :)

Something new?

Darkstorne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I enter 1920x1080, this option does not appear in the menu. The resolution 1280x720 however (and also works).
I can report the same issue. I have a 1920x1080 monitor, definitely running at 1920x1080, but that resolution option doesn't show up with this plugin. Ideally I'd like to run the game at up to 1920x1056, so a 48x48 grid fits neatly and UI is still crisp. Black bars would be minimal.

Resolutions tried:
1440x768 - works
1680x912 - works
1776x1008 - works
1872x1104 - doesn't work
1920x1056 - doesn't work

Amazing plugin otherwise though! Hopefully you can figure out what's causing higher resolutions not to show up as an option :smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I posted a funny gag reel of Drifty's video's here, but realized it was probably too riskay, so I deleted it, oops, lol.
Another room (actually other half of previous room)
What should I focus on today?

Character Portraits?
OR
Mapping?
Alright, I think I've got tired of VXAce. I guess I will jump to MV.
Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrogScholar