Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How would I do a check if something is in the way such as impassable tiles from Event A to Event B in conditional branch?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically that needs a pathfinding script - there is no single command that can check that, even a simple check for a direct-line-of-sight requires a loop through all tiles between the events.

Sorry, I don't have any links to pathfinding or line-of-sight scripts ready, but with those names you should be able to search for them.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'd need to put it into a loop, where the passability between each pair of tiles on the path is checked.

If A and B are not on the same row or the same column (the path is not a straight horizontal or vertical line) that also brings up the question of how to determine what tiles are actually on the path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol
Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nazgramaria