Check character name

White Flare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if there was any way without a plugin to compare the result of a name input processing event to a pre-determined name. I want to use this for developing a game that is being deployed in beta alpha versions on my website, where if player puts the name "debug" events in certain areas will turn on for fast traveling, healing, adding levels, etc. I want it in the live version so my beta testers can use it for there own purposes as well, and when the game finally goes open beta I can make it a development easter egg of sorts.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Conditional Branch has an option on one of the tabs to compare a character's name to a string you input.

It is not case sensitive, so if you compare to 'debug' then you would have to write 'debug' exactly, and not 'Debug' or 'DEBUG'.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On the offchance that you want it to be case-insensitive, you can also use a "script" condition in the conditional branch set to

$gameActors.actor(replacewithactorid).name().toLowerCase() === 'debug'

White Flare

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks that is exactly what i needed. Shaz I'm pretty sure you meant it is case sensitive but I got that from the context, and that script could be useful Trihan so thank you both and I appreciate the quick response.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No worries mate, let me know if you need anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well, since I'm in lockdown, I guess it's finally time to get serious into rpgmaking... almost 20 years later.
Forbidden - You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.
I love how people have real technical issues and im all like ''I CANT DECIDE ON A FONT'' :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FIL