kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Even in admin mode, I get access denied. I'm on Windows 10 21H1.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I see, I'm using Win8.1, but I've also tested it on Win10 10 20H2.
Try putting a C:\ instead of C:

But there really must be some restriction on installing your operating system.

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"The system cannot find the path specified".

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Try sending this command at the prompt (CMD):
Code:
echo %windir%

after:
Code:
echo %cd%

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Echoing cd returns C:\users\[my setup name]\, and echoing windir gives me C:\Windows.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I did the test on other computers and asked some friends to test them too, none of them failed.

It's probably something on your computer, to solve it I would have to find some other method, try this one that was the first one I mentioned when you opened this thread:
REMOVED

Command:
REMOVED

If it works, I'll modify the plugin. :):thumbsup-right:

Last edited:

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1633641295703.png
It worked! Although, it got the filesystem of EVERY drive... in the plugin, how will I be able to set things up to where it checks for where the game is located and not peep through each drive? I don't wanna weird the player out.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm a little rusty on the Windows command line issue, but isolating the line that just contains "HOMEDRIVE" or "DRIVESYSTEM" is easy.

Test at the command prompt:
Code:
wmic logicaldisk get Caption,FileSystem,FreeSpace,Size | find "%homedrive%"

Edit:
"Rusty" in this case is slang, some may not understand, as my first language is not English, I may be saying something confusing.
So I'm sorry.

I'm away from home, when I have time I'll check if NW.js correctly returns the partition where the game was run.
Equivalent to this command in Batchscript:
Code:
%cd%

Last edited:

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using the command (wmic logicaldisk get Caption,FileSystem,FreeSpace,Size | find "%homedrive%") returns only C:\'s data, even when pointing to a different drive. Don't worry, your English is perfectly fine and I know what you meant by rusty. In this scenario, it means you haven't used the Windows CMD in a while so you might have forgotten some details.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
returns only C:\'s data, even when pointing to a different drive
Now I got worried, this is the second common Windows command I've used since the Windows XP that doesn't work on your computer properly, try without Find:
Code:
wmic logicaldisk get Caption,FileSystem,FreeSpace,Size

I need to know if it works in both situations:
CMD-Wmic-Logicaldisk.png

Last edited:

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1633696880885.png
This is what happens. Like I mentioned before, I wanted it to point to a specific drive, not all of them.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I wanted it to point to a specific drive, not all of them.
But I showed you two commands, you only showed me one:
index.php

As I said here, the isolating part is easy, I can do it through the terminal or with Javascript:
but isolating the line that just contains "HOMEDRIVE" or "DRIVESYSTEM" is easy

So when I ask someone to do a test and show me the result, it's because I need it to be detailed and not just:
"That happens..." or "It doesn't work"
I need the console/terminal image or text pasted here.

On how to get the partition where the game is running, the NW.js itself already informs the process.env object.

Edit:
I ran the game from a pendrive:
execPath.png

Line 1: Shows the result that I was already using in the Plugin, which I will no longer use.
Line 2: Show result if using environment variable in Windows Command Prompt, functional, but running "Run as Administrator" will change.
Line 3: shows the execPath object, I'll probably use this one, so with a simple Javascript command I'll just isolate the partition caption.

Example:
process.execPath.slice(0,2) //return F:

Last edited:

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So when I ask someone to do a test and show me the result, it's because I need it to be detailed and not just:
"That happens..." or "It doesn't work"
I need the console/terminal image or text pasted here.
Damn, I guess I won't talk :/

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Edited:
Although there is no sensitive information in this command, I will respect your wishes.

As for the request not to list all units, please, I've already explained, I've already solved it.

The problem now is different, there is something on your computer that not all native Windows commands work, I made the Plugin on a computer that does not have English as the default language, but I tested it on other computers, with different operating systems and it worked perfectly.

So I see no reason to have opened another nonsense thread as if the problem was the issue of listing all the units:

Not ALL drives, just the drive that HAS THE GAME ON IT.
It wasn't complicated, I clearly explained all the points I used to create the Plugin and the progress happened, but it seems you didn't understand that the Windows Command Prompt has nothing to do with Rpg Maker...
Let me explain again, THE ONLY WAY TO READ THE SELECTED DISK TYPE FILE SYSTEM IS THROUGH WINDOWS, JAVASCRIPT AND NW.js CANNOT DO THIS WITHOUT SUPPORTING SOME SOFTWARE OUTSIDE THE RPG MAKER.

It's as if you read some parts of my previous post and disregarded what didn't interest you.

Other than that, title says all. Doing a new thread since the last one went ****ing bonkers.
Let's get somewhere this time, thanks.
It's not hard to see that I was the only one who still made some progress and found a way to fulfill your request. In other words, how is another person going to find a walk easier if I've already explained how it works?

Even if this were a paid service, the result would be the same, it worked on several other computers, except yours... which suggests that it is a small adjustment. So it wasn't my fault, it was really lack of collaboration in gathering information to understand the problem.
Or do you think that to create a smartphone application or computer software, developers don't do tests and yet some users experience incompatibility issues for some factor that was not considered?

There is a possibility that your game's RPG_CORE is not really updated, what was noticed here:
Sorry for the late response. It says... undefined.
View attachment 202878

So to solve the problem only if you collaborate, but you've already proved to be something that won't be easy, because I had to ask more than once, this in very long time intervals which made it a little frustrating.

Considering these factors, I'm sorry, but I can't help you any more than I've already done.

Even though I've put a lot of effort into it and spent all this time and I haven't seen any signs of recognition, I won't be upset.

And please, read this entire text if you are going to answer me or still want me to find the problem, even though the Plugin is already working.
I removed all old links.

(I wrote from my cell phone, sorry if there is something confusing as English is not my first language)

I wish you good luck.

Last edited:

kanyatanishande

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
> even though the Plugin is already working.
clearly not if it doesn't work for me
checking the file system is like one of the simplest things I've ever heard of, the fact that this is apparently so complicated is just mind blowing. I bet if I knew how to code I'd be able to do my own **** and I wouldn't even need a forum account to ask questions for the smallest problems.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
checking the file system is like one of the simplest things I've ever heard of,
I don't know why you ignore most parts of my explanations and instructions.
If it was something that simple, without the need for NW.js and Windows command line, someone besides me would have already shown you how to do it.

I'm sorry, I'll explain it again, I was the only one who got this result, but you confused Windows Command Line with how Rpg Maker works:
View attachment 203386
This is what happens. Like I mentioned before, I wanted it to point to a specific drive, not all of them.
I explained it, explained it again and you can't understand something so simple:
  • The Javascript to check the partition the game is running on, getting the information from NW.js (process.execPath).
  • The NW.js calls the Windows CMD already with the partition caption
  • The Windows CMD to check the File System Type.
  • The NW.js returns the result.
  • The Javascript to separate the information that came from the result.
Another very simple thing, you at no time confirm if you tried to update the NW.js, RPG_CORE and other files from the JS folder.

Apparently you want it to work as if I had a Magic Wand, I already explained to write "code" requires testing.

As you're going to ignore again what I wrote I can just wish you luck and tell you I'm sorry because I don't get paid, I'm a volunteer.

Until Tuesday I post a video of the system working with a game with JS and NW.js files updated and running on different operating systems.

But I won't comment more here so as not to displease you. Now if you can ask yourself:
"Why did the moderator close my new thread?"
(If you have any complaints, you can speak to the moderator who closed your other thread, because you've been reluctant to get any help from anyone who tries).

After that, I reached the limit of my patience.

Seriously, I really wanted to help you... Remember, I was the only one who got any results and you just responded rudely.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"16. Do NOT contact other members by private message, on the forum or status feed, inviting them to put additional tools (such as leaderboards, ads, etc - whether yours or another person's) into their game."
Oh no. Necessity is the mother of invention. Do I want to know what happened?
Early WIP for my next entry. Since it's early you're going to need to wait a little longer than usual. What's that? You'll find out in my next update!
12.PNG
20 festive cards can now be unlocked in BiteMe!

The cards are permanent, but can only be unlocked in December!
Once the year is over, you won't be able to unlock the cards, or to upgrade it.
https://johndoenews.itch.io/biteme-storymodeCard141-160-Ad.png
Finally showing some updates again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nyhkkbjyek