Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
I'm using this call script to check the PC RAM value and then store it in a variable (for requirements purposes):

var os = require('os');
var divValue = Math.pow(1024, 3);
var totalMem = os.totalmem() / divValue;
$gameVariables.setValue(150, totalMem.toFixed(1));

Is there a way to check for HDD/SSD total and free space and then store those values in variables?
Is it also possible to check for CPU/HDD temperatures?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For future reference: RPG Maker MV games deployed as a standalone executable run on NW.js, which is an extension of Node.js. So for anything relating to system access like this, you can search online for, e.g. "Node js check system temperature". Note that this sort of thing is not available to web deployments, since browsers are sandboxed for security reasons. :kaoswt:

Node documentation can be found here~
That said, I can't seem to find any methods for checking temperatures or disk/drive capacity there. I did find this, though:
I'm guessing you can download the linked npm module, stick it in your plugins folder (?), import as a plugin, then use the JS in a Script command as usual. Same idea with the temperatures:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.
Everytime I need to write dialogues I find myself writing new music pieces... what kind of trick is this?!
Me Being Dumb spending hrs trying to figure out Irenas Visual Novel busts plugin..lol. I'm probably missing something stupid and obvious xDD

let the journey begin >w>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter