Status
Not open for further replies.

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I remember a script for this in a past version of RPGMaker (though which I can't remember). But this would specifically be for RPG Maker MV.

Basically, the script I remember would check if the event was in the same visible screen space as the player, and if it was not visible, it would run an event or flip a switch [EDIT: Actually it was a conditional true/false, I'm sorry, should have been clearer]. An example of this would be an object that disappears once you can no longer see it, or a npc that turns into a werewolf when you're not looking, etc.

Is there a built in command for this, or a plugin I missed while searching? I know this could probably be manually done by checking how many x/y squares the player is away from the event, but that's feels like it would be very fussy in comparison. I suppose maybe this could be jury-rigged using an event detection system to check how far the player is too, but again, that feels fussy. In the end I'll make do with what I have if that's what it comes down to, but if someone knows an easier way to pull this off I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure I understand exactly..

You want a pluggie that checks to see if you um, are so many tiles away and it causes an event to fade out of site after so many tiles away?

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sorry for being unclear, I realize I should have put this in a different way:

Not necessarily fading an event but... a true or false sort of conditional? "Is event on screen? If false, then ___". I should have described it like that in the first place, not sure why I didn't.
If a visual example helps-

And then when the player moves, and the camera viewport moves with them-

DBee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I suppose it's been long enough to bump this.

giacozama

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for being unclear, I realize I should have put this in a different way:

Not necessarily fading an event but... a true or false sort of conditional? "Is event on screen? If false, then ___". I should have described it like that in the first place, not sure why I didn't.
If a visual example helps-

And then when the player moves, and the camera viewport moves with them-

Fast explanation in the picture attached

Attachments

• explain.jpg
    explain.jpg
    714.4 KB · Views: 5

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

giacozama, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I learned a lot about screwdrivers today while trying and failing to remove the hard drive from an old computer I intend to turn in for disposal. I really hate that there are so many different sizes of screws and none of my screwdrivers are the right size. This would make for an evil mini-game in a modern/futuristic RPG.
Should I make a new Twitter, or is it just this bad now? I didn't pay attention to it for like 3 years. And now my new posts have extremely low views compared to my old tweets. Or did I really get that much momentum from releasing my game and then drop it? :hswt:
Started moving house today. Putting everything in boxes. Listening to Mac DeMarco's new album. Feelin' groovy.
It's finally in a packageable state. You can play start to end, half-a-minute ordeal. I just need to fix some minor bugs and it's golden.
I'm so excited for this.
1675461673946.png
(please don't mind the windows overlay XD)
BACK UP YOUR GAME

Dunno who needs to hear this, but stop what you're doing and BACK UP NOW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuvoso2