SpaceTraveller97

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, as the title says i want to know if theres is a way to check pixel coords of the map, as the screen one but of the map.
Im making a Game that is mostly played with the mouse but when i scroll the map and click somewhere it's like clicking the same place before it scrolled.
I don't want grid ones because my game is pixel based.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately the map is grid-based, that is why a lot of the pixel movement scripts/plugins have problems with event positions.

you'll basically need to use a full plugin for converting the map to pixel-base, that is not a simple check.

ImaginaryVillain

High Cultist of the Sporkle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you make use of QMovement (MV) or Luna QMovement (MZ)... You can call $gamePlayer.px and $gamePlayer.py to get their pixel cordinates on the map. Or of course $gameMap.event(this._eventId).px and $gameMap.event(this._eventId).py for an event.

It calculates it by taking the X/Y of a character and multiplying it by tilesize. Though of course the resultant number is only useful because the plugin itself gives it meaning. Still that's the math if you want to make your own plugin.

SpaceTraveller97

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you make use of QMovement (MV) or Luna QMovement (MZ)... You can call $gamePlayer.px and $gamePlayer.py to get their pixel cordinates on the map. Or of course $gameMap.event(this._eventId).px and $gameMap.event(this._eventId).py for an event.

It calculates it by taking the X/Y of a character and multiplying it by tilesize. Though of course the resultant number is only useful because the plugin itself gives it meaning. Still that's the math if you want to make your own plugin.
The script i was looking for wasnt these but i found the one i need in that plugin code, thanks!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you can check this plugin (which is a picture coordinates) little
plugin + event setup which can be found [here].

while it uses a bigger picture, you can create a 1x1 pixel or 10x10 and calculate
the way in picels you need.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ariel240gamer