Check Snippet Ace (for performing different party checks)

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
Check Snippet Ace V1.0

Created by Neon Black

What is it?

This is the Ace version of my check snippet that I originally created for EvilEagles for VX. This has pretty much all the same uses as the VX version with just a few changes for Ace.

How can I use it?

Place this script anywhere in the materials section above main. If you notice incompatibility with another script, place this script above that script. If you still experience incompatibility issues, please post what scripts you are using as well as what kind of error you are getting.

Usage:

• Check.armour(x[, y]) or Check.armor(x[, y]) - I use the British spellings of certain words, rather than the American English spellings that I was taught, so I made both here. Quite simply, this checks if the party has a certain armour equipped where "x" is the ID of the armour to check for. "y" is an optional true/false value. If you put "true" where "y" is then the ENTIRE PARTY must be wearing the armour in order for the check to return true (by default, this value is false). This returns a value of true or false.
  • Check.weapon(x[, y]) - Exactly the same as Check.armour above, just with weapons instead. Returns true or false.
  • Check.skill(x[, y]) - Exactly the same as Check.armour and Check.weapon, except with skills. Need I say it? Returns true or false.
  • Check.state(x[, y]) - See where this is going yet? Checks if a party member is afflicted with the state with ID "x". If you set "y" to true, the entire party must be afflicted. Returns true or false.
  • Check.stat[(x, y)] - Finally one that's a little different. Actually, if you literally use "Check.stat" you will get an error. Instead replace the word "stat" with one of the following values: atk, def, mat, mdf, agi, luk, hit, eva, cri, cev, mev, mrf, cnt, hp, mp, mhp, mmp, perhp, permp, level . Note that there are 3 different forms of HP and MP. "hp" is the current HP of characters. "mhp" is the maximum HP of characters. "perhp" is the percentage of HP remaining from the maximum (from 0 to 100). By default this will return the maximum stat it encounters in the party. The "x" value is how you decide what kind of stat to return. Set this to -1 to return the lowest stat, 0 to return the average of stat of the party, and 1 to return the highest stat in the party. You can also place the stat into a variable by defining a variable in "y". This can be useful if you want to show the party a stat.

What does it work with

It's a brand new module. Hopefully, everything.

How can I get the code?

Version 1.0 (base script, 4.15.2012) is available from my

pastebin account here.​

I would like to use this code.

This code is so simple to reproduce, just use it, I honestly don't care. Seriously, if you are a scripter, just use this code. If you are making a commercial game, just use it. Honestly I don't require any credit.

Author's Disclaimer:

Made this and haven't found any personal use for it yet. EvilEagles seemed to enjoy it, though. Honestly, have fun with this script if you can.

Oriceles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
this is for custom conditional branches, m i right?. If that so is exactly what i was looking for.

Neon Black

The Classy Prostitute
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Sarcasm
Primarily Uses
this is for custom conditional branches, m i right?. If that so is exactly what i was looking for.
Then this is exactly what you've been looking for. Simply go to the script part of conditional branch and type in the desired check. If you want to check if a party member has a certain armour on, just type "Check.armour(1)" in the box, and it will do the conditional branch if the party member has the armour equipped. If you want to, say, make a boulder that needs a party member to have 20 or more ATK to pass, just type "Check.atk >= 20" and it will do the conditional branch if a party member has 20 or more ATK.

Pantherine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
By using this script am I able to make it so that if one actor gets damaged then all actors in the party receive the same amount of damage as well? Normally I would just change the scope in the database but I am using an ABS that makes doing that useless.

Thanks 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No. This script has nothing to do with damage or battles. It's simply to scan the entire party to see if any (or all) of them have a certain armor, weapon, skill or state, or look up different types of stats for the entire party.

You should post in RGSSx Script Support with your issue (and a link to the ABS you're using), to get help to resolve it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?
I've been having a rough couple of months and as such let down some friends of mine in the RPG Maker community. I still need time to get back to my normal self, but it's nice to be back, to read articles, and to design again (albeit at a slow pace). Hope to give updates on Kid Crescent soon.
Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3
My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angeallen