nikhil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello!!

So what I'm trying to do is during a random turn in combat, check to see if one of my characters is unaffected by a specific state and, if so, add that state during that turn. This is what I tried just to see if it works:

!$gameActors.actor(1).isStateAffected(11)

But for some reason I keep getting this error:
Cannot read property 'opacity' of null

Not exactly sure what is happening cuz I checked other forums and what I have seems to be right. Any help would be nice. Here's some screenshots. THANK YOU!!

Attachments

• Screenshot (90).png
    Screenshot (90).png
    550 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (91).png
    Screenshot (91).png
    804.6 KB · Views: 3

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) please give a screenshot of the console when the error happens (press F8).
there is a good chance that the cause is something else.

2) does this happen when you start a new game or only if you continue a saved game?

nikhil

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1) please give a screenshot of the console when the error happens (press F8).
there is a good chance that the cause is something else.

2) does this happen when you start a new game or only if you continue a saved game?

Ummm....funny story. I actually figured it out a little bit after your reply. One of my plugins seems to be conflicting with that script that I made ^^;. Lol sorry for wasting your time.

Funny enough it only happened in battle testing. When I started a new game it worked perfectly......no idea what happened there ^^;

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Battletest contains shortcuts to prevent the need to load the full project.
but that means that a plugins that is not handling itself with those shortcuts can't be correctly loaded, and that causes such errors in the same way (and for the same reasons) that using a "continue" can miss new plugins.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.
Humans have such a capacity to assign personalities and love to objects. We do this because we love them. It's interesting then that our fears over AI are that they won't love us back and will instead hate us.
I'm actively looking for people who want to recreate classical compositions in the public domain for RPG Maker games. I've got a whole kick going on of looking for several resources from anyone which would be sharable amongst commercial games. This latest pursuit is something I'm surprised no one else has started doing.
I played Deltarune chapter 2 today! It was great. No spoilers, but I hope one day I can design a world as interesting as Toby Fox and team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bl1tz16