Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My name is Neonzumi. I would like to introduce my dream project:
Cheddar Con Carne: Prelude to Whimsicality.

(Origins:)
It was around 2015 when I first drew Colby Cheddar:
As I was drawing Colby, I came up with Rubia Rabbit and Willikers Weasel as supporting characters. After a while of figuring out what to do with the characters, I've decided to create a uniquely weird game. So around October 2019, I've started development on what might be my most ambitious project.

(Plot:)
The plot follows Colby Cheddar who just baked herself a delicious cheesecake with a zesty taste known as Cheddar Con Carne that grabs the attention of the starve raving mad Willikers Weasel. As Colby chases Willikers to get her dessert back, she ends up in a dream-like world that is unlike anything she's ever seen before. Not only does Colby needs to get her cheesecake back, but she also has to figure out how to escape from the surreal wonderworld so that she can return to Normality.

Screenshots:
(How the Game Works:)
The game is basically an Interactive Fever Dream that is less on puzzle solving and more on exploration and humor. The game takes a lot of inspiration from Earthbound, Alice in Wonderland, Space Funeral, The Neverhood and so much more.

(Scrumptious Sounds:)
There will be an original soundtrack composed by myself. Using the power of LMMS and a whole lot of soundfonts and VSTs, I intend to have a unique soundtrack with variety and a quirky sense of humor.
Here are some tracks I've done so far:

(Hand-drawn Goodness:)
The graphics (Sprites/Backgrounds) in the game will be digitally hand-drawn from the ground up.

(Current Progress:)
Been currently working on Act 1. Still getting Act 4 written.

Last edited:

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been a bit busy with working on the game. I've got the intro cutscene done and I still need to figure out how to continue the story.

Here's some new gameplay footage showing off Seriosa Rabbit and her house.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to keep you waiting after so long.
I've still been currently writing Act 3 of the game. Meanwhile I managed to come up with some concepts for the title screen. Which one do you think would work for the title screen?

CarbonatedBlood

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry to keep you waiting after so long.
I've still been currently writing Act 3 of the game. Meanwhile I managed to come up with some concepts for the title screen. Which one do you think would work for the title screen?
The second image looks well framed for a title screen, and the blurred faces give it a homely early ps1 boxart feel to it.

And wow why isn't this project adopting more attention? The art, both drawn and composed, is so flavorful and expressive. Even if this project were just walking and talking it'd be worth a nab. Beware the Bunnygirl is such a good snes ear-kiss.

Neonzumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The second image looks well framed for a title screen, and the blurred faces give it a homely early ps1 boxart feel to it.

And wow why isn't this project adopting more attention? The art, both drawn and composed, is so flavorful and expressive. Even if this project were just walking and talking it'd be worth a nab. Beware the Bunnygirl is such a good snes ear-kiss.
Thank you so much for the nice comment, @CarbonatedBlood. I've finally managed to put together a proper title screen:
Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 9_17_2021 9_48_41 AM.png
Also, I'm still currently working on Act 1 as you can see from this cutscene image:
Cheddar Con Carne - Prelude to Whimsicality 9_17_2021 9_51_33 AM.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Something might be coming...
Hallo.png
A new day for creating :)
2021 has been the runner-up for the worst year of my life. 2015 may take that title, but '21 is pushing it. Excuses really don't justify how much of a jerk I've been this year to a lot of people.

I'm sorry. I don't intend to be a jerk forever, but I'd rather back up my intent with actions, not words.
"Another hundred habaneros... a teaspoon of tumeric... and a heaping helping of nitroglycerin!" The kitten in a chef's hat laughed maniacally as the pot he was stirring promptly exploded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
QpQp