RMVXA Chef Excellent Master Time (Res)

Discussion in 'Completed Games' started by gvduck10, Jun 30, 2019.

1. gvduck10

gvduck10 Quacker Jack Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    GAME LINK
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/38ptbjwu99u3ujt/Chef_RPG.exe/file

(I apologize in advance, this is an old file and I no longer have the original so I cannot make any edits)

*INSPIRATION* and SYNOPSIS
    I was watching some Asian cooking contests and gameshows, when I noticed the tendency of badly translated English. And from this bizarre observation, an entire RPG was born! Chef Excellent Master Time! is an item-collecting, side quest-doing, grow-the-town, build relationships, defeat your rivals, dungeon-crawling, silly-but-also-challenging game that is certainly not a masterpiece, but a lot of fun.

The main function of the game involves going out, collecting ingredients and learning new recipes (while also fighting monsters and leveling up). Your teammates also learn new skills every couple levels. You will need to return to town regularly to heal up, but that's great, because that is where you can create items using various appliances/furniture in your restaurant (ie, the bread pantry=bread, the tea pot=tea). There are also lots of requests from the townsfolk, that when completed, earn you Popularity Tokens - which can later be traded for fabulous prizes, but also help to fill your restaurant with more guests.

As you explore the areas surrounding the town, and fight your way up the giant life tree Yggdrasil, you will also encounter rival chefs, who want to challenge your claim to fame. Defeating them unlocks more recipes, further boosts your reputation, and provides a nice cash bonus.

CHARACTERS
    Shu - dreams of becoming a world-famous chef, but needs a new town to get his start. His cooking-combat skills focus on punishing his foes.
    [​IMG]
    Natalie - Shu's dedicated assistant. She packs a mean whollep, but her combat skills focus primarily on support.

???? - A third party member will add some much needed firepower and aid to your small team as they explore the world around Majin Town.

MAJIN TOWN
    Home to your restaurant. Speak to the townsfolk to find out how you can help them out (and grow your customer base). There are shops, a small barn, a flour mill (converts wheat to flour). You won't be able to afford much when you begin, but start your climb to cooking stardom, and you'll be selling bread and candy to pay for new armor and weapons in no time.

AREAS TO EXPLORE
    While the main area of exploration is the Yggdrasil (the giant life tree), there's also a beachfront, a cave, and an abandoned farm. Every location has different collectable items you will need to create your culinary concoctions.

POPULARITY
    As you complete favors for citizens, you will receive tokens that track your popularity. As your popularity grows, so does the number of guests in your restaurant. However, as your restaurant attracts more guests, it's also more likely to attract rival chefs who will want to challenge you to prove their supremacy!
    [​IMG]
    These tokens aren't just for show, they can earn you some pretty sweet rewards later on!

STORY
    The primary story is about Chef Shu's rise to fame, but several other important plot lines will unfold along the way.
    [​IMG]
    The Doc needs medicine.
    [​IMG]
    So, I get the medicine.

GAMEPLAY
    This game will take at least a few hours to complete. Early on, your characters will need to return to town regularly to heal up and get supplies. It may start sluggish, making simplistic Black Tea, however, as you begin to level up, and explore further, the pace will quicken. Lower levels become increasingly easier to barrel through and more advanced recipes create items that sell for heftier bags of coin. Those who enjoy non-linear gameplay (think Rune Factory, Farmville) will definitely enjoy this gem.

COLLECTING INGREDIENTS
    While most ingredients will be harvested (carrots, ginger, wheat, tea, nightshade) as you explore, others will require other methods. You will need to pay the miller to make flour from wheat, you can buy milk and eggs from the barn, you can get fish from the angler, and some items you will only find by beating certain enemies (bees are not eager to give up their honey).

FLAVOR
    In addition to non-traditional elements (thermal, chemical, kinetic, psychic...), the game is full of thematic skills and equipment. Oven Mitts reduce thermal damage; a Giant Fork makes for a nice spear weapon. There is a Hunting Guild where you can learn what types of damage are good against which types of enemies (ie, aquatic creatures are weak to electric). While not absolutely critical, this information, if utilized, can make most enemies much easier to defeat. There is even one boss that is totally optional, if you create the right item before trying to face him (*hint*).
    [​IMG]
    Watch out for that sharp knife, it WILL cut you.
    [​IMG]
    Who needs a farm when wild spinach will do just fine?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    atoms likes this.
  2. Aoifematcha

Aoifematcha Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The game is really great! I'm impressed with how much effort inside. The Ygdrassil as dungeon is cool, compare to ordinary ancient dungeon. It's quite refreshing to have the popularity after finish some quest by seeing new people on the restaurant. The balance in combat is okay.

For my opinion: it would be better if we can choose our gender and have different servant and add more bustling excitement in the restaurant, including new chef that cooks or servant to help manage the restaurant. but overall great job!

atoms and gvduck10 like this.
  3. gvduck10

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm glad you liked it!! If I had the original files still I could have added extra helpers and definitely more side quests. Now, I think, it would have been cool to have recruited some staff that would automatically make some items for you. for sure.

atoms and Aoifematcha like this.
  4. Aoifematcha

Aoifematcha Villager Member

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Its okay, the game is still very good! Hey, If you have any other game project, can you count me in? I'm new to digital design, but I can create character and mapping too! Thanks for the reply, by the way∼ :)

5. gvduck10

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Check out Suikogarden thread in my signature. A very good demo is available