Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I looked for something like these, but chests are so generic that there were too many results to sift through.

Anyway - am I really the only one wanting more stuff to put on left and right walls but everything is facing front?

This is my first baby steps toward making things for those walls (we really need doors and gates for them too!). The first 2 are "corner" chests and don't work as well visually as I'd hoped, but why trash them? The last two are front and back, but the best ones are the middle 2 for left and right walls.

I hope somebody can get some use out of them!

There's room for 2 more, and will finish out the sheet someday, but since it will be a while, here's what exists now.

No terms of use other than don't claim them as your own original creation. Apart from that use commercially, or not, in any type game. You can modify, redistribute (with or without credit, so long as not claimed as your own original art because that would be a lie!), or anything else you can think of doing with them.

Anyway, here's the sheet for the chesty bits:
!Chest - Copy.png

And because I actually guessed to log in info for my old Vimeo account, I made a video of the chests in action to see if vimeo embeds like youtube does here :

EDIT: Coming soon: Inspired by a reply from @Trihan ; A "Mimic" type Chest Monster!
mimikatk.gif

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Those are cool, but my background in D&D is coming at me here because the side-view chest's lock/hinge looks like a tiny tooth, which makes it look like a baby Mimic.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Those are cool, but my background in D&D is coming at me here because the side-view chest's lock/hinge looks like a tiny tooth, which makes it look like a baby Mimic.
Thanks!
I planned a mimic chest soon, so maybe it's just foreshadowing?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyway - am I really the only one wanting more stuff to put on left and right walls but everything is facing front?
Nope! There are actually quite a large number of chests in different styles that face sideways. I think it's Avery's thread that has a bunch. But, of course, those are in the RTP style, so quite different from your game.
(we really need doors and gates for them too!)
The problem with that is that with walls going straight up, you wouldn't actually see a door or gate there. You'd see the door once it swung open, and there might be a bit of doorjamb that protrudes from the wall, but that's it. There are a number of threads in the tutorial forum about ways to portray that in your game.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nope! There are actually quite a large number of chests in different styles that face sideways. I think it's Avery's thread that has a bunch. But, of course, those are in the RTP style, so quite different from your game.

The problem with that is that with walls going straight up, you wouldn't actually see a door or gate there. You'd see the door once it swung open, and there might be a bit of doorjamb that protrudes from the wall, but that's it. There are a number of threads in the tutorial forum about ways to portray that in your game.
Thanks for the pointer to Avery's thread! Will definitely have a look.

I'm at the point where I'm still learning the engine well enough to make a game I care about, so rather than make a game I don't care about to learn it, I'm just using anything for the learning process and know I'll be starting over for the real version.

Doors have all the issues you mention, but like you said, just leaving them open or other clues can be enough.

I tried to search, but got lost in results for other things.

Figured it was faster to just make these. So maybe I just posted them as an excuse to test vimeo as a video host here? I never know with me...

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't say you shouldn't have made or posted your work! I just responded to what seemed like an incredulous question that no one has done this with...yes, you're not the only one to have done it.

Rodak

Dang Hippy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Math
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I didn't say you shouldn't have made or posted your work! I just responded to what seemed like an incredulous question that no one has done this with...yes, you're not the only one to have done it.
I certainly didn't mean to imply that you were being harsh! I apologize if it came off that way.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and explain as much as you did.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always end up having issues with things i'd never expect.

Capture.PNG

Those friggin mountains man xD
Time for my daily walk/jog ''Literally starts raining while I open the door''
I just discovered there's a giant jellyfish in the Ace RTP. My day is made.
I'm pretty sure I submitted a username change like 4 months ago.
No offense but uh, still waiting for my name to be updated :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sergibo