Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Placeholder0.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 3.16.33 PM-2.png

This game is $4.99, and can be bought HERE.
If you would like to play the free demo, that can be found
HERE.

WWTGBL.png
A horror game that shouldn't take more than two hours to complete, Chi is the story of a child who lives in a small village.

This game is more of a visual novel than any sort of RPG, but it does have interactive items, some simple quick time events, and fetch quests. There's just under 100 CGs, and some minor animation, so you can expect a lot of artwork. This game is much more about experiencing the story and exploring than anything else.

(And except for a sound or two, there's no RTP, as well!)

scshts.png
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Chi -- our protagonist, as well as the namesake of the game.. She's a cheerful and kind six year old girl who loves to draw. Because she's the youngest of three, she often is bullied by her older siblings. Still, she loves them anyway, and always wants to play with them, despite their lack of interest. She recently got a puppy, who she loves more than anything in the whole wide world.

index.php

Mitsuru -- Chi's puppy! She's less than a year old, and adores following her around. She's pretty easily distracted because she's so young. Whenever Chi is frightened, she give her lots of kisses until she feels better. They are truly best friends.

index.php

Chi's Papa -- a serious man who has a soft spot for Chi. He's the priest at the shrine they live at, and is believed to be a god, or at least the decedent of one. He takes a no nonsense approach to being in charge, and will do whatever he must to upkeep the rules of the village.

index.php

Chi's Mama -- a quiet, demure woman who mostly keeps to herself. She does a lot of work on the back end of the shrine, and is supportive of her husband. She works upstairs, in a place where Chi isn't allowed to go until she's older.

index.php

Akane -- Chi's oldest sibling, she's barely thirteen, but seems to already be in her full on bratty teenager phase. She hates when Chi enters her room, and is very focused on attempting to make fashionable clothing. She doesn't enjoy wearing the standard yukata or kimono, and wishes she had friends her own age.

index.php

Kohaku -- Chi's older brother, a slightly chubby boy who enjoys video games and tokusatsu (i.e. Power Rangers and the like). He tends to be grumpy and speaks in few words. He's actually really intelligent, but he gets bored very easily.

index.php

Shopkeeper Setsuko -- a woman in her late 60s/early 70s. She's the only villager who is allowed to leave the village and/or go into the forest. She gathers supplies and sells them to the villagers. She also knows some medicine, and does blood testing for the villagers and those in Chi's family.

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

Various Villagers -- there are many villagers who live nearby, and while they all seem joyful, there's definitely something... off about them.

index.php

Chi is a horror game that (poorly) facades as a cute story in which you play as a six year old girl who lives in a small village in Japan with her family and her small dog. Your father is the priest of the small shrine you live in, and you have to follow several important rules that he has set up to keep the village safe. These are the rules: you know what is best for the villagers, so they have to do whatever you and your family say, you cannot go upstairs, you must give blood every Sunday, and you cannot go into the forest.

This specific Sunday, you play as Chi as she goes on a quest with her puppy, Mitsuru, to get markers so that she can draw some pictures. You complete some minor favors, and get your blood drawn so you're able to get said markers. However, as you're walking home, the evening goes terribly wrong as Mitsuru runs into the forest. With this, in order to save your dog, you have no choice but to run in after her...

Run after her into a forest that no one returns from.

index.php

• There's NO sexual content in this game whatsoever, if you have concerns about that.
  • This game will be rated 16+, with some swearing, but mostly due to torture scenes and violence.
  • The music will be completely original, written by my older brother, with me doing some minor sound design as well.
  • There are secrets in Chi, which you'll be able to find if you're lucky or if you dig enough.
  • I have a YouTube playlist that contains some gameplay, although the majority of it is a bit old.
  • There's only one ending, but there are collectables that can cause you to get some bonus information.
  • This is version 1.0, made in RPG Maker MV.

Last edited:

Keroanne

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Manlybadasshero recently played the game, so if you don’t have the time/money, watch it HERE !!

You will miss some secrets though ;)

burbigo3

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Other
it looks really cool, thanks for sharing.

joket

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:
Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CORYGOD