Chiara's MV Resources

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Chiara, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    These are some edits and in some cases/when it happens, things painted from scratch.
    Note: Most of the files here are not in the necessary tileset format unless I have enough things to fill one whole Tile sheet.

Terms of Use:

Credit: Chiara; below every resource is a short description, and if it says so, credit Kadokawa
    Non-Commercial:
    free
    Commercial: free
    Repost: no, please link back to this thread instead
    Edits: allowed
    Repost of Edits: yes, if everything is properly credited and a link back to this thread provided. If you inform me about it I can add a link to your edits to this thread as well.
    Maker Required: If the description below the respective resource credits Kadokawa: RPG-Maker MV

Note: after changing the image hosting from Photobucket to directupload.net, the file names aren't like the filenames used to be and thus don't contain the credit information anymore.

Update log:
    2015-10-29: Opened this thread.
    Same day: Reuploaded everything because Photobucket is weird; fixed some things with A4 tiles.
    2015-11-02: Added plants to Tile B-E.
    2015-11-13: Update to one A4 tile (ceiling tile fix); added new A4 wall edit and new Tile B-E half-columns.
    2016-01-14: Added new A2 carpet.
    2016-01-16: New version of the A2 carpet: less pixelated, more variations.
    2016-02-09: A5 stairs of "Helga's Carpet", a few modern A2 floor tiles and A4 wall tiles, as well as a living room table and a couch.
    2016-09-29: updated Terms of Use in accordance with this template.
    2017-06-14: fixed the thread's formatting and the wording in some places.
    2017-07-20: switched from Photobucket to directupload.net and replaced all image links. Slight edits to the terms of use to reflect that the new images don't have proper file names anymore.

RMMV Tiles – Edits, Recolours, and some things painted from scratch:
    Tile A2
    [​IMG]
    Mostly simple recolours. Anyone guess which rug I had the most fun with? Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    [​IMG]
    New carpet autotile made from scratch including some different colour versions. Credit: Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Helga's carpet: the same as above, only less pixelated with additional pattern variations. Credit: Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Floor tiles and bathroom floor tiles based on my grandma's home. Painted from scratch. Credit: Chiara
    Tile A3
    [​IMG]
    The roofs are recolours of varying complexity; the walls are minor edits and/or recolours. Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    Tile A4
    [​IMG]
    Several recolours and edits. The decorative pillar thing is painted on the (recoloured) RMMV wall. Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Those are made from scratch. I originally made them for use in VX Ace, then adjusted them for the bigger tilesize. Credit: Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Pretty heavy edits and several colour variations. The decorative upper and lower parts are painted. The underlying wall is a recoloured RMMV wall. Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    [​IMG]
    The white tiles are bathroom tiles painted from scratch, the right ones are painted kitchen wall tiles tacked on an edited RMMV wall tile. Both are based on my grandma's place. Credit: Kadokawa (the two walls to the right), Chiara
    Tile A5
    [​IMG]
    Those are all painted from scratch – originally for use in VX Ace, then adjusted to the tile size, then recoloured. Check the spoiler for an idea on how to use some of them to make decorative floors. Credit: Chiara
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A5 recolours and stairs for the A2 rugs recolours, plus a few colour variations of a ground tile to be found on A2. Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Stairs for Helga's Carpet. Only one direction for now, until I figure out how to pull off other directions. Credit: Chiara
    Tile B-E
    [​IMG]
    A ruined table without cobweb; green stuff growing on some props; an empty version of the bookshelves. The windows are edits, too. The plant-on-stick thingies are painted from scratch (colour-picked to match the values) and added to the MV grass tile. For variation's sake, I added a recoloured version.
    Oh, and the coffee mug, edited from the tea cup. Was the first thing I did when I got my hands on MV. Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Plant-on-stick things plus newly painted leaves as well as another plant based on Acalypha hispida in several colour variations. This is in Tileset format though I recommend putting only the parts you'd need into your tileset used for mapping. Credit: Chiara
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "Double-decker" version as well as a "Do It Yourself" option in case you want a "double decker" plant with different colours or something. The latter is Tile B-sized and aligned to a grid to make things easier. Credit: Chiara

Check the spoiler for an example of how to use the plant tiles in a map as inspiration – user Selhan asked, and as I replied to them, I'm not much of a mapper, so be warned:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Half columns are made to fit with some of my wall edits. The small tile-wide wall parts are for use over entrances, etc. Credit: Kadokawa (the right tile-wide wall parts), Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Helga's Living Room Table: Heavy edit of the Sci Fi Inside B living room table, inspired by the one at my grandma's place. Credit: Kadokawa, Chiara
    [​IMG]
    Helga's Couch plus matching armchair in several different colours; painted from scratch. Credit: Chiara

Feedback is very welcome, so don't hold back.
    Especially when it comes to the tiles painted from scratch. While I do test them in editor, there may still be some things I didn't notice.
    I can't promise that I will take on suggestions, though, but I'm pretty sure there will be more tiles to come in the future. [addendum, 2017-06-14: chances are slim at the moment, as I myself are currently not working in MV style]
    I do plan on adjusting my VX Ace Columnar Basalt Tiles for MV, but since I'll have to overpaint them to fit with the style, this may take a while. [addendum, 2017-06-14: a long while, obviously, sorry D: ]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Epicism, Randor, Elliott404 and 79 others like this.
  2. StandardFiend

StandardFiend Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you for this excellent work. I can see myself making good use of a lot of this material. Recolours and stuff are always good finds. Expect a free copy of anything these find their ways into.

I'm definitely looking forward to the columnar tiles.

Chiara likes this.
  3. Zinx10

Zinx10 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I must say, thank you for this work! I think this is a lovely addition to the RTP content.

Chiara likes this.
  4. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was on my phone all day yesterday so couldn't say, "Yes, yes, yes! Yay!" I love your stuff! That's my favorite rug too, by the way~

I really love the cat tails "plant on stick." I always get excited by having more versatile plant life. Can't wait to see what else you'll make. 

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
    Chiara likes this.
  5. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Yes, I like the plants and the decorative floors the most. =]

Chiara likes this.
  6. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @StandardFiend: Thank you. :) I'll hopefully find time for the columnar tiles soon.
    @Zinx10: You're welcome ;) and thanks for taking the time to comment.
    @Ms Littlefish: Aww, thanks! Oooh, so they have a name! I just poked wikipedia about this and got some more ideas. Really should do some more research on plants that'd grow in my own project's climate. Need a tea plant later... Let's see if I can persevere!
    @GrandmaDeb: Thank you! I plan on creating more of both, so I'm happy you like them.

7. TheStoryteller01

TheStoryteller01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Lots of great stuff! Love the derelict elements and the custom plant. And the tiled walls/floors will come in handy for modern projects.

Thanks a lot!

Chiara likes this.
  8. Personigo de la Ĉefo

Personigo de la Ĉefo Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    Russian
    Those are very good! Good job! We need more stuff like that

Chiara likes this.
  9. Vendon

Vendon LVL 255 Veteran

First Language:
    German, English
    They all look really good. Great job =)

Chiara likes this.
  10. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @TheStoryteller01, Personigo de la Ĉefo, and Vendon: Thank you for having taken the time to comment. :)

Update!
    As I wrote in my reply to Ms Littlefish, inspiration hit me when I looked up the name of the plant-on-sticks, and after some more tweaking I present you with new plants!

Check the Opening Post for details, but you can also get them from the spoiler for your convenience:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. GrandmaDeb

GrandmaDeb Modern Exteriors Posted! Veteran

Omg, I wish I had a swamp or jungle in my game!

Chiara likes this.
  12. Zack Phoenix

Zack Phoenix Artist Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh my, it's Nedarkhess! Really digging your stuff, especially the weird plants.

Chiara likes this.
  13. Lucin

Lucin Villager Member

First Language:
    Russian
    Great tiles (especially A2-A4), thank you very much! :)

RastaMan and Chiara like this.
  14. InBlast

InBlast The Mad Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Wow, nice stuff ! Thanks a lot !

Chiara likes this.
  15. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those are so cool, Chiara! Even though they're based on real plants I love how interesting and different these are from all the other MV plants. They'll definitely make for a characterized location. I'm a huge proponent of real nature already being extremely intriguing.

Chiara and GrandmaDeb like this.
  16. Selhan

Selhan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I really like your latest tiles, especially as I was complaining about the lack of "swamp-like" ressources in the RTP!

Could you (or anyone) share a sample map using these tiles for example and inspiration?

Many thanks for sharing anyway :)

Chiara likes this.
  17. Ratty524

Ratty524 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Dude, I totally dig your grass/jungle tiles. They're just what I need for the game I'm working on.

Great work!

Chiara likes this.
  18. Chiara

Chiara Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @GrandmaDeb: Then if you ever happen to have a game with a swamp, I hope you think of these little plants. <3
    @Zack Phoenix: Isn't the internet a small place? : D It's been a while. And thanks.
    @Lucin, InBlast, Ratty524: Thanks for having taken the time to leave a comment. :)
    @Ms Littlefish: Thank you. :) I too think that real nature is pretty amazing already. And so amazingly diverse, too. Pretty overwhelming when trying to do research unprepared, though.
    @Selhan: Thank you! I have to admit that I'm not that much of a mapper myself, but I tried making something that may inspire you, even though it's not a full-size map:

[​IMG]

Plant tiles + MV stock assets (unedited).

Update!

• Fixed a little tiling issue with the A4 ceiling tile edits
    • One new A4 wall in several colour variations
    • Two sets of half columns – one matching the older edit and most of its variations, the other matching the new wall
    Updated the OP, but added the files in the spoiler for your convenience:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zealraid, Selhan and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  19. Strange_Dragon_99

Strange_Dragon_99 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I really like those carpets! But the plants are my favorite. I am a nature nut, so I like to fill my maps with all sorts of plants and trees and flowers and... well, you get the idea. :D I look forward to seeing what I can do with your plants.

Chiara likes this.
  20. JohnnyR

JohnnyR Dungeon Master Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Those wall tiles are amazing! Great job!  :)

Chiara likes this.