Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Strange_Dragon_99: Thank you! : D
@JohnnyR: Thanks. :)

Update!
It's been a while, but I've finally something new!

• a carpet autotile inspired by my grandma's favourite one
I've updated the OP, but added the file into the spoiler for your convenience:

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need to somehow have some of those lovely walls in my game! Thank you for those carpets too! They seem a bit pixelated, so are they more suited for DS? No matter, I will try them out in MV to see how they look, thank you :)

Edit: Just tried out the new carpet autotiles. Absolutely gorgeous! It's hard to pick a favourite - perhaps the first one because the colours are especially striking and stands out like a Persian rug. Thank you, Chiara :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alkorri: Thank you for the kind words. About the rugs being pixelated, eep, I fear you're right. Thanks for pointing it out. I went back and made a less pixelated version and somehow ended up with a few additional pattern variations.

So:

Update! again

• less pixelated carpet with even more pattern variations
I'll add them to the Opening Post but keep the old version in case people like them more.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, thank you for your amazing work! Didn't mean to cause you fuss. I say you should post the original carpets in the first post too because those would be perfect for devs making DS games :)

Question to self: now how am I gonna fit all these lovely carpets into my tileset...

Last edited by a moderator:

Unmercyful

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Those are nice and I think my grandmother would think so too! Thank you!

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Alkorri: Didn't think it was a fuss, as I enjoy doing this (and was happy that you had pointed it out). : D Replying just now reminds me that I forgot to make stairs for the older versions, too. *puts it on mental to do list*
@Unmercyful: Thank you. :)

Update!

• some more tiles inspired by my grandma's place including a couch + matching armchair, a living room table, and some floor and wall tiles
  • carpeted stairs!

I've already updated the OP, but, as usual, have everything here inside a convenient spoiler. : D

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those grandma chairs look wonderful! It really adds such a homey touch I'd love to add to a game :)  Those mosaic tiles look stunning too. It makes me wonder if I can make mosaic floors too. Anyway, thank you for these!

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to let you know, credit for the MV RTP is to Kadokawa, not Enterbrain. Be sure to fix that. Otherwise, great work! I hope to see more!

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Minty Starbound: Thanks for the info! Completely forgot to change that, fixed it. :)

And while I was at it, changed the Terms of Use to fit with the Template and added credit information below every image. For some reason, that destroyed the spoiler tags, though. I'll try again to fix that later, I just had breakfast and wanted to fix the credit information as fast as possible.

No new tiles for now, though, currently not working in MV style, and I can't promise I'll release what I'm working on now for my own project (tilesets in a more comic-like style), at least not in the nearby future. :rswt:

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love the shade and texture of the wall tiles. Used them for a resource request here. Great work!

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Gabrelik : Thanks, but the credit for the texture and such of those particular wall tiles belongs to Kadokawa alone (MV stock assets, Inside-A4, last row); in that set, I only did some minor recolourings/edits. Just wanted to clear that up. :) But I'm still happy you found it inspiring.
(also, thanks to you, I've seen that the last forum update seems to have made the formatting of the opening post a bit wonky, will fix that right away)

Edit: The opening post has been fixed in formatting, and I tried to fix the wording in some places.

Last edited:

Nerevar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Errr... i can't see any pic. It has this:

I don't know if it's me or they expired.

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Errr... i can't see any pic. It has this:

I don't know if it's me or they expired.
Ugh, seems like photobucket did change something (and that suspicious-looking mail wasn't spam after all).
Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to find an alternative sometime today.

Edit (July 6th): This might take a while longer, headaches and reading terms of service don't mix well.

Last edited:

AlanLane

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible Shutterfly works for linking images? Recently found out it will host unlimited images for free, so maybe it can be used like Photobucket, although I am not sure.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems a lot of people are migrating to Imgur after the BS move Photobucket made.

Chiara

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AlanLane & @StarWarrior00 : Thanks you two for the suggestions!
I did check those sites and others, but pretty much everything contained stuff in their terms of service that was a no go for me, so in the end, I went with directupload.net.

And thus, all the links have been replaced, and the resources are available once again. Sorry to those who were inconvenienced, RL things kept me from getting this resolved more quickly.
Also take note that the new uploader caused weird file names, so sadly, there are no credits inside file names anymore.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
First time I saw you had a Resource page!
And o_O Oh wow! I understand for the need of vacations. They are really good too!

HolicGL

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love your Living Room Table! Amazing

Aoifematcha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much. The tiles are great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.
140 Thousand words, take one down, toss it around, discover I hate the direction I went and decide to start a complete rewrite.
I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagicMan