Chibi Dungeon

Discussion in 'RPG Maker Birthday Bash!' started by Chaos17, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    chibi_dungeon_presentation.png

Chibi Dungeon_features.png

Just like the title of the game says, the whole project is a short little dungeon.

All the rooms are covered in dark, so you will never know what will be ahead of you or hidden from you.

But do not fear, once you discovered a room it will stay uncovered.

03.png

Also beware of some monsters, they will be a little smarter than your average monster even if they're cute.

Don't let your guard down.

Chibi Dungeon_screens.png

04.png chibi_dungeon03.png 05.png

Chibi Dungeon_download.png

Chanelog

03/17/2016

Updated the demo. There should be no more bugs.

03/14/2016

Due to some power shortages because of storms where I live, I was not able to test a lot my project and refine it.

My apologises.

I will post in near futur a refined version in the project section of the forum.

There're so many things I wasn't able to add, like some convos between the characters.

Anyway, I did my best with the time I had.

Again, I'm sorry for giving you a "beta" version of the game.

Credits : LINK

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2016
    BCj and HeathRiley like this.
  2. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Allright.

I finished tuning the demo, there should be no more bugs.

This version of the game represent the base/core of the gameplay.

I wanted to make something "light hearted" for once so I used cute stuff, lol

Futur version that I will post in the project subforum will contain :

- more story

- dungeon will be extended

- skills of heroes will have more synergy

- etc.

Sorry again for the incovenience.

3. Idril

Idril Widdershins Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Aww, the art is so cute <3

I will be playing this as soon as I can dedicate some time to it :)

Chaos17 likes this.
  4. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Seeing the update makes me sad.  Not cause you did it, it was needed, but because I played the game earlier today and now was the only time I could post my feedback.  So I'll still post it, but the issues may be obsolete now.  ;_;

I tried your game, and unfortunately I couldn't get very far into it.  I kept getting a "TypeError - Cannot read property '0' of undefined" error.  A bit of testing made me realize it happened when I got any other party members, so I could only play the game if I didn't grab any of the other characters.  That makes battle almost impossible, especially if I got poisoned since I had no way to heal that.  The battle screen is very pretty, but sometimes the character bust covered part of the enemy, so it may be a good idea to move it.

Enemies don't disappear if you beat them, which means they got in my way a lot.  One bugger sat on a bridge and wouldn't move for ages...  I had to stop when I got trapped in a "battle, die, repeat" cycle: I guess you can't lose that battle, but it kept restarting over and over, and since I only had one HP and the enemies were faster than me I could never heal.  I know you had some issues because of power outages, so I'm sure you know that the game needs a lot more work.  It could be interesting though, so I hope you're able to polish and improve it.  Which you probably did in the update.

5. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    @hiddenone

Thank you and I'm sorry that you played that bugged version of mine.

Yes, normaly all the bugs you encountered are fixed now. I had some hard time for the first one you had, since it happened quite randomly in my tests.

Still, thank you for taking your time for me.

[​IMG]

6. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great to hear you squashed those bugs.  I downloaded the new version, so hopefully I'll be able to give you some useful feedback once I play it.  :rwink:

@Chaos17

Okay, I played through your updated version and this time was able to finish the game.  Congrats on squashing those big bugs!  I'm not a huge fan of dungeon crawlers (I prefer lots of story in my games), but the presentation was very nice.  Uncovering each piece of the map was interesting, though I wish you had let me run.  Personally I think there was too much going on on the battle screens, but it didn't hinder the fights too much.  I found a few items like 'Rope' and 'Pickaxe' that I never used, where those things that you didn't have time to implement?

The battles were much better balanced, and I didn't have any problems winning the fights.  There were still some issues though.  The biggest one was that Kuro kept "protecting" his teammates were I cast healing spells on them, so he'd get the healing instead of the injured party member (he even did it with 'Heal All').  So I was unable to heal anyone but him during battle.  'Fire 2' and 'Wind 2' said that they hit a targeted enemy but it seemed that they actually hit 2 random enemies instead.  The pre-spell animations seemed like a waste of time to me, and just added to the length of battles.

Some of the equipment descriptions were cut off, and for some reason the 'Anti-Poison Ring' says that it "Nulify sleep effect".  The inn in the dungeon seemed odd, especially since the 10G price wasn't an issue since I had so much gold, perhaps replacing it with an abandoned camp would make more sense?  The dialogue seemed pretty good, but I think Meilin's line "It has been a long time since I didn't see you." would be better as "It has been a long time since I last saw you."  Overall, this is leaps and bounds better than the first version I played and I bet it will be even better as you keep working on it.  :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2016
    Chaos17 likes this.
  7. Chaos17

Chaos17 Dreamer Veteran

First Language:
    French
    @hiddenone

Normaly after I finished fixing the beta with the feebacks, I will start working on the story side.

I will see if I can implement a smart run without player be able to dash through whole the dungenon but it might require a new plugin for that so it won't be in the next update.

I plan to change a bit the HUD of the combat, hope it will make things more clearer/lighter.

You actually use them automaticly on the statut and in front of the Inn but I forgot to mention it during the events. I will add that.

Yeah, that the default cover trait I gave to Kuro, I will remove it in next update. Sorry about that.

My bad about the descriptions, I will change them.

I will see if I totaly remove the pre-spell cast animation or just keep it for certain spells or make it shorter.

Thank you very much for re-playing my game, I appreciate it a lot :D

I will update the demo soon with the feebacks.

Next update should be a stable version of the gameplay and I will be able to move on the story.

I will update the game over there : http://rpgmaker.net/games/8699/

And when I've a stable version of the story I will put it on rgmakerweb.com.

Take care!