mangygal

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hello all!
I'm trying to make a game in RPG Maker 2003 but I need some help with chipsets. I'd like to add things from multiple chipsets to the same map but the only way that seems to be possible is to combine them into one. What are the things I should know? How do I lay things out so RPG Maker knows which layer is which? Thank you!

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Hi, don't be welcome.
The Rm2k / 2k3 has a limitation that cannot be broken in a conventional way.

About the layer system, there are only 2:
Lower layer, where the terrain, water, walls are.
Top layer, where objects such as trees, plants, etc. are located.

But map events can be used at player level 3, lower and higher, so you can create objects with charsets to simulate using a Template.
Default per frame is 24 x 32 pixels, and 16 x 16 at the bottom:
Rm2k3-Charset-Template.png

The other solution is to use draw everything on the panorama, but the image must be in 8-Bit PNG format (256 colors) and must have the size of the map (divisible by 16) and must be placed directly inside the folder, as the manager does not will accept import.
For example, a 50x25 map is 800x400 pixels in size.

Good luck

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leolotus