Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'd like to make choices for npcs more interesting and I have no ideea how to make this happen.

Here I will let an example i made in paint.

When the player talks to npc it will show some options like: Talk, Fight, etc... next to it.

I guess this can be made with pictures.. but... you will need a different image position for every npc location. I need an easier way to do this.

I would be thankful if you would help me

eeee.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using pictures will not allow the player to select any choice even if you solve the problem of positioning.

So you'll need a rather complex script to create the entire handling for such a structure - if you don't know how to program that is not easy to obtain as a lot of the scripters are working on MV-Plugins instead of Ace-Scripts now.

Why can't you simply use the show choices command on the event? That will handle everything automatically, although not at the position you described.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Using pictures will not allow the player to select any choice even if you solve the problem of positioning.

So you'll need a rather complex script to create the entire handling for such a structure - if you don't know how to program that is not easy to obtain as a lot of the scripters are working on MV-Plugins instead of Ace-Scripts now.

Why can't you simply use the show choices command on the event? That will handle everything automatically, although not at the position you described.

I just think that the way i wanted looked way cool.

I do not know how to program but i have an ideea. If I would have a script that puts an image on a side of the NPC, i could use variables to make it selectable.

(something like making an menu screen with events)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kind of relieved that I had medibang installed when I need to edit Sprite I was about to download gimp but I remember I had medibang installed lol
Voting for the first round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup!

Finally started working on Grim Trigger episode 2 today :LZScat: it's half comic/half visual novel!

GfY3Rwj.png
Is it interesting to get more backstory on villains? A key moment in their past, their childhood, or maybe something that shows they've always been that way? To see or not to see?
"Everything tastes like chicken until it's chicken, then it doesn't taste like chicken."
Context: chicken samosas do not taste like chicken. I thought it was veggie samosas.
Just another ordinary evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBanana