Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'd like to make choices for npcs more interesting and I have no ideea how to make this happen.

Here I will let an example i made in paint.

When the player talks to npc it will show some options like: Talk, Fight, etc... next to it.

I guess this can be made with pictures.. but... you will need a different image position for every npc location. I need an easier way to do this.

I would be thankful if you would help me

eeee.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using pictures will not allow the player to select any choice even if you solve the problem of positioning.

So you'll need a rather complex script to create the entire handling for such a structure - if you don't know how to program that is not easy to obtain as a lot of the scripters are working on MV-Plugins instead of Ace-Scripts now.

Why can't you simply use the show choices command on the event? That will handle everything automatically, although not at the position you described.

Hisao Shou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Using pictures will not allow the player to select any choice even if you solve the problem of positioning.

So you'll need a rather complex script to create the entire handling for such a structure - if you don't know how to program that is not easy to obtain as a lot of the scripters are working on MV-Plugins instead of Ace-Scripts now.

Why can't you simply use the show choices command on the event? That will handle everything automatically, although not at the position you described.

I just think that the way i wanted looked way cool.

I do not know how to program but i have an ideea. If I would have a script that puts an image on a side of the NPC, i could use variables to make it selectable.

(something like making an menu screen with events)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this
One thing those jp developer still get wrong about boob physic is that... men's muscly hard pecs can jiggle too.
Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neikoku