Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica and @Frostorm and @ATT_Turan, what you are talking about? I do not follow could you break down.

Are you speaking an alien language? I agree because you all are genius, but anyhow I am confusing. Sorry to say that.

And why did you fight each others and about what?

It is discussed to each its own. I just to understand you as the both devs and both players. It is true if I want accurate results, I can conduct the study test. But that costs money, a lot of money. That is why general result from sample size is better than nothing. Again, it is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think in the end everyone would agree that having some choice is good. People's opinions just differ when it comes to how much is too much. I think that's more or less the gist of it...

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, thank you for simplicity about what is going.

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In terms of choices, I give you exactly what you need and maybe some extras for postgame, but not much else.

This is mostly because in RPGs with big parties, you're already keeping track of a lot.

If the microsystem you're including for customization doesn't offer much aside from a few minor perks instead of defining how the game plays then maybe don't bother.

Never been fond of stat distributions in RPGs all that much unless the numbers were Paper Mario levels of low and had significant effect. This is mostly cause it feels needless: just give me growth rates, not the ability to put 20 attack on my mage who will never swing physically in their life.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Never been fond of stat distributions in RPGs all that much unless the numbers were Paper Mario levels of low and had significant effect. This is mostly cause it feels needless: just give me growth rates, not the ability to put 20 attack on my mage who will never swing physically in their life.
What if it's a create your own class blank slate type character?

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What if it's a create your own class blank slate type character?
Growth rates all the way on this one. Again, really depends on how high you want your numbers to be if you want to include stat distribution. It's also more permissable if it's a game with only 1 player vs a mob of 4+.

There's an MMO I know called Trickster Online that has both, but I've noticed that individual stat distribution didn't matter unless you pour everything into one stat. 40% in attack is a significant difference from 10%, and it really shows in battle.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt