Choices window shrinks if text box has appeared?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Almightypebble, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Heyyy again everyone,

So when I show choices at the start of my event, if I use all 6 choices they show up on the screen together, without needing to scroll down or up to see the cut off choices.

BUT

If I show text before the choices, then the choice window seems to resize itself even if the text isn't on screen anymore and my 5th and 6th choices get cut off from the screen and I have to scroll down to see them.

My question is is there a way to change it so that the show choices window is always a certain size or so that it doesn't shrink when text appears?

I read somewhere that SMRNDM Dude's Super Tools Engine allows you to resize your windows but it doesn't seem to work for 1.6.2 and he hasn't updated it so...

Also tried changing some heights and y's in rpg_windows.js but couldn't change what I'm looking to change. Maybe someone knows the exact line to change?

2. gothicvoid

gothicvoid [GothicVoid] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I use SRDs super tools and it works just fine.....

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What plugin are you using to give 6 choices? I thought the default was only 4.

4. gothicvoid

gothicvoid [GothicVoid] Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    sorry - I was asking the OP. If something is not working with a plugin, we kinda need to know what plugin it is :)

gothicvoid likes this.
  6. Almightypebble

Almightypebble Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Bulgarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well the default number of choices I see is 6 in the show choice event.
    I use the yanfly plugins, so it could have been altered by the Message Core or the Extended Messages Pack 1 but I haven't altered it there.
    I also use GALV'S Visual Novel Choices, but that doesn't seem like the culprit because as I said the choice window only shrinks AFTER a text box has appeared.

A number of people I have seen in this forum say that they have the same problem with SRD'S Super Tools Engine, where-as pressing f12 doesn't bring up the menu and instead brings up the regular debugger and they were told it is because after 1.5.0 the plugin hasn't been updated.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  7. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You're right - it is 6 by default. Used to be 4 in Ace and I wasn't sure if MV was the same.