Choices with image and description of the options.

Tramon81

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm making some type of attempt at a pokemon mystery dungeon fangame and I'm looking for a choice layout that allows to see a list of pokemon to choose as your avatar and an image and description of the pokemon when the cursor is on it. to illustrate I'm looking for something like this.

Choices with description.png

Andrea87Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I'm making some type of attempt at a pokemon mystery dungeon fangame and I'm looking for a choice layout that allows to see a list of pokemon to choose as your avatar and an image and description of the pokemon when the cursor is on it. to illustrate I'm looking for something like this.

View attachment 129344
Oooohhh? Someone is actually making a Mystery Dungeon engine? Woah, I thought nobody will never do it, but someone is actually trying, awesome!

Also, that's a cool idea, maybe you can show more windows depending on which choice your selecting. But it's actually difficult to make, and I'm not so good on scripts sadly.

Hmm, have you tried btw doing it from common events? Like, not an actual script or show choices commands, but instead doing a condition branch up/down arrow system? A bit difficult to explain, but this is a tecnique I used for many and many projects. It's not even so laggy, after all it's just sprite showing and some condition branches.

Tramon81

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Oooohhh? Someone is actually making a Mystery Dungeon engine? Woah, I thought nobody will never do it, but someone is actually trying, awesome!

Also, that's a cool idea, maybe you can show more windows depending on which choice your selecting. But it's actually difficult to make, and I'm not so good on scripts sadly.

Hmm, have you tried btw doing it from common events? Like, not an actual script or show choices commands, but instead doing a condition branch up/down arrow system? A bit difficult to explain, but this is a tecnique I used for many and many projects. It's not even so laggy, after all it's just sprite showing and some condition branches.
I'm not the most experienced on using events for much further than their primary use, i guess you mean using the show image event in conjuction with variables triggered by input. Honestly haven't checked this thread for a while so sorry if im a little late. The biggest problem for this would be being unable to see the UI while i move the blocks around, maybe with a pixel by pixel resolution image of the screen i could kinda visualize it as a whole and then messure the xy factor.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

lunarrosecrow wrote on hiddenone's profile.
please don't lurk hiddenone I'm quarantining!!!
lunarrosecrow wrote on Edward.T's profile.
Hello Edward sorry to bother you and didn't start a conversation cause I thought i'd be a little weird or disrespectful but I was wondering do you still have your Generator resources you posted as the links on the page are dead?
Stream will be live shortly! It is my birthday, and thus I am doing an extended stream! I will be doing a variety of things. Among the activities I will be doing: Playing Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas, art, and some Text Adventure~ Feel free to drop by!
It would be cool if you could "copy as code" event commands :< .
Just managed to recover my Yahoo e-mail that i lost 3 months ago. Turns out an IP from U.S had hacked it and set the pass back to normal.. Like WTF ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HannyBee21