Choose One: Which method would YOU use to open the door?

How would you open the door?

• Create a key to open the door with

• Create fire to burn down the door with

• Create something heavy to break down the door.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Watch the short video and comment on which of the three choices you'd make! :LZSsmile: Hopefully it makes enough sense without any other context or knowledge of my game.

I'll post a video with the outcome of the most popular choice to my social media!

(I wasn't sure which forum to post this on, but a moderator can move it if necessary.)

HOLYMOTHER

MagiCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's about time, and using my experience in playing video games, I'd pick something heavy. The fire is too dangerous and takes too much time. Pick the key and it would probably turn out that the door locks from the outside, and in the time it might take to wriggle the key under the door the guards would come.

Then again, it may be that the heavy thing would make too much noise and wake the guards. This situation reads to me like there is no right answer.

If it were me, with no restrictions, I'd just use the wand to change the door or lock itself into something else.

TeiRaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Of the three options presented? Conjure a key. Even if the lock is operated from the other side, if a wand can fit under the door, chances are that a key can fit under the door.

The part of me that loves watching pen-testing videos? Knock out the hinge pins, or slip the latch XD

Heretic86

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
Go in the open window next to the door, obviously!

BenSD

Could be anybody
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm gonna go with the key. First off, it's simple. Second, it seems like it should take less time than smashing a door down or waiting for it to burn away enough to safely get through. Third, it's considerate; it's rude to just go around destroying other peoples' doors.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if you have a key, open it, if it's a wooden door (which most uses)
you could burn it, but burning is also a risk to set the building on fire.

create something heavy is also a posibilities (depending on the party
and the game).

but I think using a mechanic to open it or key's would probably the
best choice of action though or "SMASH" it open if possible if they dont
break their bones.

AphoticAmaranth

An Ordinary Human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd go with fire.

Something heavy would probably make too much noise and wake the guards. A key might work, but that's only if I know exactly what kind of key to make and how to make it, and I'd rather not take the risk. Besides, it's not only about escaping, it's about sending a message.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If it's about time, and using my experience in playing video games, I'd pick something heavy. The fire is too dangerous and takes too much time. Pick the key and it would probably turn out that the door locks from the outside, and in the time it might take to wriggle the key under the door the guards would come.

Then again, it may be that the heavy thing would make too much noise and wake the guards. This situation reads to me like there is no right answer.

If it were me, with no restrictions, I'd just use the wand to change the door or lock itself into something else.

Those are clever ideas! However, the door is enchanted to be magic-resistant. It's not resistant to physical force, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!
DrBuni wrote on Akiritas's profile.
That is a cute Link picture, reminds me of the Samurai Jack artstyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippymp