NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello guys,

Does anyone have or have used a white keyboard before? Do you have any issues with dirt or fingerprints or smudging? I used to have a white mouse, but it became really dirty after a few weeks of use. I'm not a slob, and I do keep my hands and my electronics clean all the time. I guess the dust gathered and got trapped on the clicks, then my fingers became a little sweaty and made them stuck on the mouse. It was really hard to clean and I had to scratch off the coat of paint in the process. I got a new black after it was broken. That scared me from using white mouse or keyboard. And I have always preferred using white electronics, like my phone or tablet. Maybe something to do with the materials being used in these devices.

Anyway, there are two keyboards that I am having my eyes on right now:

Pictek and Rosewill
My budget isn't high so those two are the best for me at the moment. I have no need for any fancy mechanical keyboards, either. Does either one look better than the other? The Rosewill looks very unique, but I'm worried about how dirty it can get... The keys look very high to me, though. Is that a bad thing? Might be easier for dust to get in between the keys. The Pictek's lightning seems more uniform and more neat to me, if that makes sense. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing, though. I don't mind its logo. Both have overall good reviews, but some reviews also complain about their build quality and durability as well, which is concerning.

I am currently using a Pictek mouse I bought last year, and its quality is great. I don't know about their keyboard, though. Truth to be told, I already bought the Pictek, but haven't opened the box yet. At first I thought a white keyboard looks so... odd. But then I saw the Rosewill and started having second thoughts. It's also on sale for a little cheaper, too, so it's kinda tempting.

So, do you guys think either one is better? ^_^

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Pictec looks to have better keys and higher quality I would go wit it.
If it is for a mac computer go for the Rosewell because its white haha

Pop the keys off for easier cleaning!

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pictek was my budget keyboard before I bought my mx blue one. It was pretty durable and the lights on it were decent to keep it back lit in the night. I had a good experience with it so I'd recommend that one.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Pop the keys off for easier cleaning!
Hm... Can you even take the keys off the Pictek? I know you can with the Rosewill.

Pictek was my budget keyboard before I bought my mx blue one. It was pretty durable and the lights on it were decent to keep it back lit in the night. I had a good experience with it so I'd recommend that one.
Did you have the same one or a different model?
You know... Now that I look at the Pictek and the other keyboards, it feels like... the lightning on the Pictek is not just more "neat", but also more... conservative? I'm not sure how to accurately describe it, but I took a look at another keyboard from the brand "Langtu", which is similar to Rosewill, and their keyboards look like they have more lights coming out. Is it just me? I'm guessing it's because of the higher keys. I do feel kinda envy with that vibrancy level, lol.

Uranium

Game Dev, Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm... Can you even take the keys off the Pictek? I know you can with the Rosewill.

Did you have the same one or a different model?
You know... Now that I look at the Pictek and the other keyboards, it feels like... the lightning on the Pictek is not just more "neat", but also more... conservative? I'm not sure how to accurately describe it, but I took a look at another keyboard from the brand "Langtu", which is similar to Rosewill, and their keyboards look like they have more lights coming out. Is it just me? I'm guessing it's because of the higher keys. I do feel kinda envy with that vibrancy level, lol.
I have never used either but my keyboard looks very similar to the Pictek.
My keybaord was like 20$ and the key pop off. So don't hold me to it but i was say 98% chance the keys will pop off.

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Pictek Keyboard

That's the exact model I had, combo and all. I know what you're saying about the lights. They weren't over powering they pretty much did their job. I think it's more of membrane keyboard but it has a slight click feel to it. It was good for typing on regardless didn't have a problem with key travel etc.

Sanrie

Potato Head
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bisaya
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess Pictec got cool design to it but if you're a clean freak and don't want to touch anything dirty then the white one it is since you can see how dirty it is from time to time.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My uncle has some extra keyboards he gave to us a few months ago. They were put in the garage and I didn't know about them until now. I'll just use them. They still function nice and look well.
Just asked for a return and refund. Saved myself $37.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Problem with sequels: Heroes getting rid of all their items and forgets all of their skills within the span of a year without explanation. :kaomad3:
I can see the end of my prologue. Perfect time to decide to pull everything over into MZ, right? Right?!
Excited to be nearing the end of setting up my own custom Point-And-Click system template! Just need to iron out some kinks, get an input text system going, add animations to buttons, and then finalize my button-mashing event system and it'll be complete >:3c
AlcTheHero wrote on Mystic_Enigma's profile.
hi.
Still recovering from my laptop's transformation into a brick. I hope to be back to making soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
singhjabar