Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

​
  • Chosen was made with RpgMaker VX Ace
  • This game is around 2 hours long
  • Chosen is more story driven but has an equal amount of battles and leveling up as well as story
  • Game includes final fantasy like side battles
  • This is my first time using this engine, and is my first game
CAUTION - Some use of bad language. (About 3 times)

Game can only be downloaded WITH RTP because of additional content.

Download game WITH RTP; https://www.mediafire.com/?e6hvl2qxtlgi9mb 299MB

Want to watch a trailer before you decide? Watch it on Youtube here;  

• Game Summary;
Chosen mainly revolves around the main character, Edge.

Edge lives in Shinseina village, a sacred village that has protected an ancient sword for two thousand 

years, the 'God's Tear'.

Like most of the villagers of Shinseina, Edge was taught to protect the God's Tear from a young age.

Since the death of his mother and the disappearance of his father, Edge struggles with life.

Protecting the God's Tear and believing that his father, though gone, is still out there 

somewhere, are the only things keeping Edge going. And that one day Edge will find him.

One day an evil lord, Lord Akuma, finally finds Shinseina village, brainwashed soldiers

in his place enter the village uninvited to take what's not rightfully their's.

To prevent the ancient sword from getting into the wrong hands, Edge takes the 

sword for his own, without knowing an important myth behind the sword's history.

• Characters;
Actor_FW01_02_m1.png

Edge;  A 17 year old boy that lives in Shinseina village. His recent dreams have shown him that his life is about to change.

Destined to pull a powerful sword out of it's two thousandth year slumber, Edge is the one that will for fill an ancient myth.

Concept art I drew for Edge.

2014-10-24 13.56.18.jpg

Actor_FW01_04_f1.png

Serenity;  This 16 year old orphan lives in the same village as Edge. She feels a deep connection with him also.

Though she looks innocent, she's surprisingly strong.

Actor_FW02_01_f1.png

Myste;  This mage also comes from Shinseina village, though she was exiled for practicing magic for the good of the village,

she's stayed in close contact with Edge and Serenity and helps them along their journey.

Actor_FW01_03_m1.png

Theo;  Known as a royal guard from Rosefalcon kingdom. One of two protectors of the queen of Rosefalcon.

Joining the party later on in the game, he luckily helps the party by saving them from the skin of their teeth. Their journey 

wouldn't progress without him.

• Screenshots;
screenshot 1.png

screenshot 4.png

screenshot 3.png

screenshot 6.png

screenshot 2.png

screenshot 7.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled.png

-EDIT-

• New facesets and sprites
  • Updated Maps
        (Because of these updates the trailer will seem a little different from the game)

• Improved story line

-Credits to-

• Frontier works: Futuristic heroes and BGM.
         (facesets, sprites, busts and BGM)

• Reedo: Side battle script

Last edited by a moderator:

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nice game. But you need to level up your maps. Something that looks bad, have its own secret power to control the world. Good luck!

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice game. But you need to level up your maps. Something that looks bad, have its own secret power to control the world. Good luck!
Hey thanks for the feedback :) what do you mean by level up your maps exactly? Sorry I'm still new to  game making this was my first game, i was hoping people would give feedback and I'd re-do it as best as i can then re-release it for a final time. Appreciate the feedback :)  

Evan Finkel

Modeling Beholder
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Level up I mean your maps are not detailed enough.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is based just on what I can see in your video.

If you made your maps, especially your interior ones, smaller, then they would not seem so empty, and you would save the player a lot of tramping around for no reason.  Plus, as Zalett Boy says, they are not detailed enough.  Could I suggest you post one or two of them in the Game and Map screenshots thread which is a great place to get detailed feedback on how to improve mapping.

You need to do a bit more proofreading.  The aim of the video is to showcase your game to encourage people to play it.  Here's a couple of things I spotted, there might be more.

It reads : You are destined to be, Edge      Remove comma if you mean that the player is destined to be Edge (as in, become/play as)

I think there's an extra space in" you've" in a line which reads something like You must kill the thing you've longed to find.  This, btw, might be a big spoiler.  It reads like it, but perhaps it's a clever piece of misdirection.

I think you have misunderstood how the word "demise" functions, and as you use it both here and on the video to describe your story this is a bit of a clanger.  "Demise" is simply a formal word for death.  It has no other connotation.  So when you say "saving his world from the demise of an evil lord" what you are actually saying is that Edge must save the world from the death of an evil lord.  But as he intends to kill him, he cannot be saving him from death.  Do you see the muddle you've got yourself in?  Presumably what you mean is that the world must be saved from destruction by an evil lord.

EDIT

Here's the link to the thread I referred to.  It links to the last page (at time of posting) as the thread is already up to page 81, so giving you the link to the first page might not be helpful.  You might find it useful to look over the previous few pages in case there is anything which might be relevant to you.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/25230-game-map-screenshots-4/page-81

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for your feedback :)
In reply, yes the comma before edge was a mistake I'll try to correct it if I can.
The space in 'you've' was something I couldn't fix and I did notice, for some strange reason it wouldn't stay close together.
Also the word demise, your right I definitely got confused with the meaning, I'll try to change that aswell if I can.

And thanks for the link to the thread I really appreciate it, and for taking your time to help me.

William MC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng. & Span.
Primarily Uses
This looks cool, I'll probably play through it all by this weekend. I'd be happy to give you some feedback after playing it.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
just an initial note, I really find it weird when people use side-view actor battlers together with front-view enemies...

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks cool, I'll probably play through it all by this weekend. I'd be happy to give you some feedback after playing it.
Absolutely, let me know what you think, that's the only way I'll be able to make it as good as I can, right now I'm updating my maps and changing little things. It's going good so far but any feedback from you would be appreciated. 

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yea I know, personally I like the side battle script that I have so could you tell me where I could find side view enemies instead of having front view?

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
just an initial note, I really find it weird when people use side-view actor battlers together with front-view enemies...
Yea I know, personally I like the side battle script that I have so could you tell me where I could find side view enemies instead of having front view?

Juliab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I'm in Desert Castle looking for Angel Wing. Can't find it. Hint please

Never mind, found it.

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Glad you found it Juliab, really hope you're enjoying it!

Juliab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Note! Why give Edge and Serenity MP if they only have TP attacks.

Juliab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I really enjoy the simplicity of the game. Some game creators go overboard trying to make the game challenging. I'm here to play for enjoyment  of playing, not grinding for hours to overcome some tough bosses.

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks :) I tried to make it a little challenging but not to the point where it's just ridiculously hard. Btw I didn't know how to not give them MP so it's just there lol. Thanks for your feedback Juliab!

Juliab

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
For my taste it's challenging enough, that's why I enjoy it.  The game I played before this one, I quit several times, because I was bored of grinding for hours upon hours, just to gain 1 level to my team. And I had to bring several characters up at least 9-10!!! lvls.

That is why I enjoy playing this game. And I didn't mean that your game is simple, it's just in comparison to the previous game I played.

Lordlee91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Don't worry I appreciate the feedback, especially if it's good :)

Let me know once you've finished it. Hopefully you'll enjoy Chosen II as much the first :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please don't create long, boring cutscenes in which characters do nothing but stand around talking.
What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
Been averaging 2-3 hours sleep for almost a month now. Starting to space out all the time ^^;
loopk wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.
loopk wrote on Avery's profile.
Nice to meet you. My name is loopk.
May I use the materials distributed here for adult games for sale?

Thank you in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panam