RMMV Christian Edutainment Battle System

Discussion in 'Game Ideas and Prototypes' started by J2415, Apr 14, 2019 at 9:26 PM.

1. J2415

J2415 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

I'm in the process of recreating my battle system for Bible Quest. I've gone back to the drawing board and started to rewrite the game. My end goal is to create a Christian Edutainment game but I've been going back and forth on the battle system.

At the moment, if "Fear" pops up, the player needs to select a Bible quote in order to destroy "Fear". However, I've been debating about using general terms as "enemies" and the player uses knowledge to defeat their enemies.

Please note, I'm using the default battle graphics as a placeholder for now.

Capture.PNG Capture_1.PNG

Let me know if you have an suggestions or tips.

Angel.K1tty and atoms like this.
  2. Starbird_Resources

Starbird_Resources Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    for enemies, were you thinking more of terms for categories of sins or about terms such as Ignorance or Darkness? there's a easy to follow parallel between knowledge as light (a lamp in the darkness is a common metaphor for knowledge) and Christ as The Light (and as Λόγος, Logos, The Word).

anyway, very interesting concept and project!

3. J2415

J2415 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    When I outlined the first version I categorized sins. For example, if "Hatred" emerged then the player would select John 3:16 to defeat hatred. It was to show relevance of the Bible today with modern problems. I came up with 100+ Bible quotes and I felt like it would bog down the battle system and make it more of a chore for the player. It was also hard because the Bible can be interpreted so many ways.

So I'm debating about streamlining the battle system to use general Christian terms for children to learn about Christianity.

4. Angel.K1tty

Angel.K1tty Artist with a side of Elegance Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I really love this idea! I have never seen many games for this type of education, so it sounds very unique and fun!

5. J2415

J2415 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you! So far it has some promise, I'm just hoping it'll have the player engaged.

6. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @J2415, lol
    https://biblehub.com/2_peter/2-1.htm
    But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them -- bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    2 Peter 2:1-2

Jeremiah 6:13
    "For from the least of them to the greatest, all are greedy for gain. From prophet to priest, all practice deceit.

I think you can teach people about the value of greedy and scammer again not religious or anything, but I learn about Christianity a lot from world religion.

7. J2415

J2415 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah there are plenty of greedy scammers treating Christianity as a spiritual lottery system. But the Kingdom of God is within everyone. Though I believe it is important to teach children about false teachers and greed, my goal is to create a game to teach children the foundations of Christianity.

atoms and Angel.K1tty like this.
  8. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @J2415, I think Peter tried to say that some plaster saint just claims to be the greatest and demand your money. However, when they take the money the victims became a financial ruin. (Beware of Ponzi scheme)

I think Jeremiah warned people about if anyone who only wants your money, probably they do not have your best interest in mind.

lol, any holy scripture can teach you a thing or two if you focus on humanity.

atoms likes this.
  9. J2415

J2415 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I agree with you. Robert Tilton And Mike Murdock promised miracles for a 1000 dollars. They were preying on the desperate.

Thank you for the insight!