Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
1527802563-banner-chromagia.png

- Foreword -

Chromagia was made with RPG Maker 2003, so do not expect any script or particular complex mechanics. It is just a straighforward old-school-ish RPG made by someone who merely want to tell a story rather then revolutionize the genre.
Also I think it is important to mention that English is not my first language so there might be some mistakes both in my presentation and in the game. So please be indulgent and feel free to correct any mistake you find.

I) Universe
Chromagia is a phantasmagorical world filled with a mysterious particle called Chroma. The presence of chroma seems to be the reason why the Chromagian continents can float and people can use magic. Magic holds a very important place in Chromagia and is strongly related to color. For instance, red magic allows people to control what is red and blue magic allows people to control what is blue etc...
People excelling at using color magic are simply called “mages” or “wizards” and are regarded as the elite of the society.

As mysterious as chroma can be, there is something even more disturbing in Chromagia. Below the floating continents exists a grayish thick cloud called The Myst. This threatening mass prevents the Chromagian people to see what the bottom of the world is like. It is also said to sucks up all those who get too close to it...

Green Sea - The World's Summit
1527803235-greensea.gif

The highest continent of Chromagia on which was build Magisca, the greatest academy of magic, and Lenore, the capital of light. Green sea is mainly composed of vast stretches of grass and seems to be the continent on which chroma is the most present.

Bellaguna - The Blue Island
1527803434-bellaguna.gif

A large oriental-inspired city protected by a gigantic spherical ocean. Bellaguna is a touristic city-state ruled with an iron fist by Queen Aquamaria. It is the second highest continent.

Jollywood - The Green Empire
1527803443-jollywood.gif

The third highest continent of Chromagia. Jollywood's upper part is an immense and luxurious forest while its lower part is a dangerous, maze-like jungle.

Amaranth - The Fire Land
1527803481-amaranth.gif

A continent divided in two enemy territories that have been battling each other since immemorial times; Bourbier Souffrance on the west, and The Palace of Crystailles on the east. Amaranth is the fourth highest continent.

Drearymoor - The Cursed Ruins
mornelande-oniro-4c1ec0c.png

The lowest continent of Chromagia. A desert area where can be found the remains of an ancient civilization that went extinct long ago. Nobody seems to live on Drearymoor anymore.

The Abyss - The Bottom Of The World
The name given to the unknown part of the world that remains hidden beneath the Myst...

II) Characters
Dolce Kadabra
dolce-oniro-49b8721.png

Class: Black mage
Ability: Darkness magic
Type: Ballanced
An energetic and ambitious young boy who lives in a small village on Green Sea. His biggest dream is to become the most powerful black mage of the world. Because his family couldn't afford the entry fee, he had been applying for Magisca's scholarship program for years and years until his profile finally got accepted.

Carmine Rubicantez
carmine-oniro-49b874d.png

Class: Red mage
Ability: Quartz magic
Type: Cannon glass

A serious young woman who studies red magic at Magisca Academy. She is from an aristocratic family that has been serving the King of Lenore for many generations. Carmine works really hard to become the next royal mage. She is best friend with her classmate, Viridis.

Viridis Primavera
viridi-oniro-49b8771.png

Class: Green mage
Ability: Nature magic
Type: Healer
This exotic beauty is no other than the princess of Jollywood. She definitely seems more concerned by her social life than by her studies and is considered by many “the most popular girl of the academy.” Viridis never gets away from her best friend, Carmine.

Azuro Lazuli
azuro-oniro-49b8793.png

Class: Blue mage
Ability: Water magic
Type: Tank
A charming wizard from Bellaguna. He is soft and discrete and nobody really knows about his background. Azuro's secretive nature makes him very popular among the girls but he does not seem to care much.

Lemres Leblanc
lemres-oniro-49b87a3.png

Class : White mage
Ability: Light magic
Type: Well-rounded
This proud wizard is a white magic prodigy. Because his father is the duke of Lenore, Lemres is promised to a glorious future in the Capital of Light. He is well aware of his privileged position and spends most of his time dating the female students and putting everybody else down.

Mercutio Lavantine
mercutio-oniro-49b87b9.png

Class: Purple mage
Ability: Perfume magic
Type: Status inflicting
A cynical and nonchalent individual who has been teaching at Magisca for a few years. He is said to be a former adventurer who traveled the world seeking for treasures and excitement. Even though his teaching skills are questionable, he is a formidable spell caster.

III) Plot
The five aforementioned magic students have been selected to go on a survival training in Drearymoor, the lowest continent of Chromagia. An exciting news for some, a terrible omen for others. Indeed, Drearymoor is said to be a cursed place, and the five students who went there last year never came back... Mere coincidence or real danger? The five wizards along with their professor are going to experience a journey that will change them and their perception of the world for ever.

IV) Gameplay
There is nothing much about the gameplay, it's a rather basic RPG with some inovative-wannabe options here and there.
  • On map
Chromalith
1527805740-chromalith.gif

These stones will restore the party's health in exchange for some CP (MP.)
You may as well decide to destroy them to obtain chromalith shards that can be used at anytime to recover all the party's CP.

Green spirits
1527805914-greenspirit.gif

These fairies will restore the party's CP under certain circumstances.
Most of the time after you did something good.

• In battle
The particularity of Chromagia's battle system is that the heroes cannot physically attack the enemies, so don't be surprised not to see the [Attack] command displayed during battles. Since they are all mages, they only attack using magic, and spells require Chroma Points (CP) to be cast. Fortunately, each character is able to use the “Transe” command to recover their CP. The battle system is all about maintaining a good balance between spell casting and CP managing.

Here is a list of the commands displayed in battle mode :

- [Magic] : cast color spells including damage-dealing spells, status-inducing spells, healing spells etc...
- [Transe] : cast transe spells that allow you to recover various amounts of CP in exchange for action turns.
- [Item] : use items
- [Guard] : pretty self-explanatory
- [Flee] : try to run away from the battle (duh...!)
- [Special] : yet to come.

There are no elemental weaknesses in Chromagia. Instead Weaknesses and resistances are based on complementary colors:
- Red and Green are effective against each other
- Blue and Orange
- Yellow and Purple
- Pink and Brown
- White and Black

Which means that in order to deal maximum damage to your enemies, you must attack them with their complementary colors.
1527933176-colorwar.png

Also, using an orange magic spell on an orange enemies won't do much damage. It may even heal the monster.

V) Demo
The demo lasts for 2 to 5 hours (depending on the way you play) and includes :
- Two continent and a half to visit
- Six playable characters
- Five dungeons

/!\ You don't need to have R2K3 installed on your computer to play this game.

/!\ You must extract the files if you want the game to run properly

/!\ The demo tells you when it's over, so keep playing until you see the demo ending message.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jnu5jps93byl6wy/Eng Rainbow project.lzh

VI) Screenshots
  • Village in and out
1527807436-green-sea-2.png

1527807446-green-sea-3.png

1527807466-interieur-1.png

1527807457-interieur-2.png

• Academy of Magic
fa-ade-magisca-4a3c07f.png

1527807711-magisca-3.png
1527807720-magisca-4.png

• Some dungeons
1527807855-drearymoore-1.png

1527807860-drearymoore-2.png

1527807870-jolly1.png

1527807898-mangrova-1.png

• Some characters talking
1527807783-magisca-2.png

1527807888-mangrova-2.png

1527807905-marigold-2.png

• Some animated captures

chromagiee-49b892d.gif

chromagieb-49b88a8.gif

chromagiec-49b88b2.gif

Please leave your comments and ideas.
Thanks for taking some time to check this post ;)

Last edited:

Kemsyn

Not bad...for a human.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cute graphics and animations! Looks like a fun game.

Fynnagan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
It's nice to see RM2K3 back!
The game looks very charming and original! I really like the artworks.

I tried to run your demo last night but this happened :
error-54969f6.png

Too bad because I really want to play it :(

alcreator440

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It looks cool. I like the FF style it has and the color based battle system seems really interesting. Might have to test it out when I have the time.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wow, did you do all the graphics yourself as well? This is quite impressive project ;)

Prince Strall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi everyone and thanks for your messages!

>Fynnagan
That's unfortunate... It seems my compressing software changed the name of some of the resources. Which sucks because I had to rename most of them and it took for ever. Anyway, I edited the download link, I tried the demo and now it runs properly!

>Alcreator440
Please DO and leave your review ;)

>Alastor01
Thank you, I did half of the graphics myself. I entirely made the characters' portraits and sprites but the tilesets are rips from various games (mostly Mother 3) that I have edited.

Last edited:

Kuzakii

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi , Prince.S ! For a demo , it's very really great!
I played there for 2 hours and I am very impatient to finish the demo !
There are references everywhere and it's really cool (Like the high school = Inazuma Eleven Royal Academy)
Good continuation ! P.S : I am in the chapter where Dolce enters the academy
Cordially , Mrs.L

Prince Strall

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you so much Kuzakii for taking time to play it! It means a lot!
I'm glad you got most of the references ;)

Also be careful, I've noticed the game suffers some glitches due to the same renaming issues. I'm still working on it and trying to fix everything.

Meanwhile I created a polls to know what characters you like best. Your opinions matter!

Thanks for your support.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Valentines Entry, first contest I'm in and it is so much fun to just participate!
Anatomy is really hard. I'm not an artist.
just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamjjj