Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

An excerpt from the book of Yvallis.

“…We’ve seen smoke rising to the south. Fearing a goblin war party, we sent a large number of scouts to investigate. They returned with a report that is difficult to fathom. Somehow, a human ship was carried to our shores. They claim to have crashed onto our beach after barely surviving a fierce storm. However, the skies have been clear for some time now. For reasons unknown, this must have been the work of Faldrassil…”

[SIZE=10.5pt]The humans, saved by the elves, were educated about the lands of Avalon. The ship was made up of multiple families who intended to settle in a new land. Amongst these families were several prominent families.[/SIZE]

These families appealed to the remaining humans and eventually set forth, with support from the elves, to tame the wild lands West and South of the mystical tree Faldrassil. Over the course of many years, several settlements were established and documents declaring peace and prosperity were quickly penned.

Unfortunately, as the elves withdrew into their own territory, the humans quickly forgot their desires to live in peace with one another. After conquering a large amount of the land, they have provoked numerous goblin settlements into attacking them. Now, they only seek to defend their lands, and grow their own population.

Many of these territories have evolved into kingdoms and are actively pursuing their own agenda’s and expansion efforts. The elves withdrew back into the woods, preferring to return to their lives and avoid the political nature of the humans.

It is now the year 1168, and the tension between the kingdoms has reached a point that many fear a war will break out. Many say that the only reason a war has not broken out is because of the goblins. Each year, as autumn comes in full, the goblins launch a massive raid on the human nation and they must all band together to prevent them from succeeding. In recent years, there has been a strong push to increase their military strengths, and be less reliant on the other kingdoms.

Lord Phillip Vanderburg IX, leader of Austera, is a strong believer of peace. He has continued his familial desire to build up his kingdom with an emphasis on trade and education. It is the largest, and wealthiest, of all the kingdoms and reaps the rewards of mystical energies from Faldrassil thanks to its locations.

Although many view Austera as a shining example for humanity, there are some who are jealous of its prosperity and would use its resources differently if given the opportunity.

Our story follows Jarrod, with Lisbeth and Reynard, as they work in confidence of Lord Phillip to investigate some unsettling events. 

(Jarrod, Lisbeth, Reynard)

I will be overseeing as well as creating all the maps and make edits/creating the sprites that we will need. I have also been working as the story writer under the guidance of fellow consultants that agreed to help with progress. Other things I did includes class design, skill design, as well as filling any gaps for the things we do not have yet.

• Writer (2/2) (Macatlas, Myself)
  • Plugin Team (1/1) (Villhelm)
  • Database (2/2) (Villhelm/Myself)
  • Events (1/1) (Myself)
  • Composer (1/1) (Nuhada)
  • Mapper (1/1) (Myself)
  • Artist (1/1) (Seki)

What you can expect from me:

I, as the project leader, promise that I:

• Will be present and take a hands-on approach in leading the project
  • Will commit myself fully to this project (as long as it does not interfere with real life issue such as my university classes)
  • Am equal in every way to everyone in the team. Everyone matters.
  • Am open to communication, suggestions, opinions, changes.
  • Am willing to invest my money into the project (as long as the spending is crucial to the success of the project)

Since this is potentially a free to play game (with monetized sequel in mind), I am willing to assist any other team member with their project/ambitions to the best of my ability.

What I expect from the team:

• Ability to deliver.
  • Constant communications within the team

I do weekly meetings with villhelm every weekend to brainstorm ideas, things we need, etc. We do that for around an hour or more each weekend.
  • The meeting time will vary depending on what is your responsibility
  • I am willing to spend as much time as needed to communicate/brainstorm with you 

[*]Don't go AWOL on the rest of the team. It is simply not fair to keep others waiting without any reason whatsoever.

Special thanks to:

Zortik (Story edits/Consultant)

Seki (Artist)

Villhelm (Designer)

Neha (Music Composer)

Macatlas (Writer)

Windy (Consultant)

Yanfly (Plugins)

Tsukihime (Plugins)

Kaus (Overlay Plugin)

Galv (Camera movement plugin)

Hudell (Orange Time system)

Bokou (Mask)

Pandamaru (Trees tileset)

Candacis (playing cards from RMVXA)

Please either reply here or PM me. I will need your email to add you to the slack group.

Please also include your skills, your previous experience and other projects you have going on at the same time. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was unsure of what quote to use. So I decided to blend a number of quotes together.

"I volunteer as tribute. Until I'm dead, or you find someone better. That's no moon."

Anyway, we've been chatting via PM for some time now. However, I'll gladly help you out on story and offer what insight I have into the other components to help you out further.

inazumathelightning

The Pixel prince
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If your looking for help on the game I'm usually a pixel artist but anything in engine thats not code is easy for me so if you'll take me I'll gladly help out. 

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you. Will get back to you in a little while.

My internet is down at the moment and I am almost through with my phone's data

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a quick update for anyone who is waiting for some sort of progress before joining...

So we have someone working with the plugins, someone to help with the story, someone with the database, and me doing a bit of everything and most of the mapping. This does not mean that the position(s) is/are filled. We are using quite a number of plugins, so additional help is welcomed.

Main actors' sprites and SV battlers are done.. working on civilians, quest giver, etc. If you are interested in putting sprites together, we would be happy to have you around as part of the graphics team. Please keep in mind that we will require a decent amount of civilians and some other human sprite.

Classes have been decided, and the first draft of the skill list have been drafted. Will require some work with the plugin team to make sure they are all achievable. I have plans on creating complex battlefield where the weather and other factor will have effect on the fight.

Draft for the beginner zone up to the 2nd zone have been created and is under revision. I am trying to limit the number of zones so that we do not have too many unnecessary zones. I am not really a big fan of big maps, so the maps should all be relatively small (I am thinking of 20x20 to 30x30 at most), which means that the number of zone may be increased. 

Converted the starting zone map from the RMVXA version.. not going to bother creating a GIF to display the light animation. It looked pretty decent as it is (edit: minus the missing candles)

RMVXA version

RMMV version

Thanks!

Zortik

The Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looking forward to playing a demo :)

The map turned out nice!

Why is there a 'light' ring over by the left side of the counter, near the scrolls? Did you intend to put a light source there or was it possibly overlooked?

It really does look nice though!

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I forgot a candle holder over there before I took the screenshot  :headshake:

It was already uploaded by then, so I was hoping that noone will notice :D    

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Progress update:

1. Starting zone maps and dialogue are pretty much done. Downloadable copies will be available to team members on dropbox a day or two after Christmas. Placeholders will be used for the battle tutorial for now, as there might be changes to things like stats, plugins used, starting skills, etc.

2. It is a pleasure to have Rengaia with us to work on the dialogue, Zanazaru with the plugins, in addition to Luis with the balance and Zortik with story  :)

3. First draft for the character stat sheet is out. We are keeping the numbers low because I feel that it is not as meaningful to see large numbers popping up. Stats will be capped at 999, and HP will be capped at 9,999, though I have no intention to allow stat get that high without some major buffs through equipment, passives, skills, magic stones, etc. Even then it should be difficult, if not impossible, to reach the cap. This may change in the future if there is a good reason to do so.

We welcome any further applicants (including mappers, despite the fact that it wasn't mentioned earlier).

Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in working with me thus far.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Got a little bit of work done whenever I have spare time these few days. The starting area is mostly finished

All the maps are fully parallaxed. Not a single tile has been placed.

Renting a room at the inn (during day time. The room will look differently during night time)

Time will be moved forward by +6 hours whenever you rent a room. Your party will be fully healed as well.

One of the starting sequence. 

Another section of the starting event. This occur shortly before the tutorial battle.

Some of the NPCs started escaping at early signs of trouble

Starting town, Sheffield

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just a quick update on positions available.. 

Besides extra artist and composer, I am looking for someone with plenty of gaming experience to assist with finalizing the skills for each class.

Experience with RPG maker is not necessary (you can be a complete beginner). 

I have a draft for most classes but I ran out of ideas. 

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Creativity Department is still recruiting.. 

After a few interviews, I have not found the right candidate for the role yet. As long as you have racked up good hours gaming and have ideas for skills and perhaps a few other minor things, and you're not the type to disappear for a period of time without any notice, I will be happy to hear from you.

Feel free to PM me for questions and concerns. Thanks!

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dialogue writer / editor position is open once again.

As part of the application process, please include the type of dialogue for the following scenario:

"Sheffield is a small village in a busy intersection where hundreds of travelers pass through each day. The inn is usually very busy and the staff don't really have the time for idle chitchats."

What sort of things do you expect to hear when you try to talk to waitress? Consider their tone. Try not to force the conversation.

Since it's a hi traffic place the innkeeper will be gruff and blunt. No time to waste and no time for small talk.

Here's some examples of what the innkeeper would say (courtesy of Zortik):

During check ins:

• "Need a room? It'll be 20g"
  • "We got one room left, want it?"
  • "Our rooms are 20g per night."

When you try to start a conversation:

• "Gossip? Do you see how busy I am, go bug the waitress..."
  • "Your friend over there looks a bit fidgety. I've got my eye on you."
  • "If you don't want a room then at least order some food, you all look like twigs in armor."

Please PM the sample writing to me and we will get you settled in ASAP if accepted. Thanks!

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for all the messages. 

We have found two very talented composer and writer and the positions are now closed until further notice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The two positions open now is for the database, and the artist position.

Database slot is for someone who loves numbers and game balances to help with the character/class stats. Since our member Luis is dealing with his real life issues at the moment, we are looking for someone to help or potentially take over the position depending on how Luis' situation develop.

As per the consultant's suggestion, we are starting with the generic RPG stats model/growth, and we will see where we go with that. 

Artist's main job at the present moment would be to create/edit existing VXA bust portraits and incorporate a few emotions with them. 

There are free resources which we can edit/necro bits together, but there might be a few characters which may require you to start from scratch (shouldn't be too many of them. I personally can't think of any at the moment), so knowledge on the use of image editing software and creating portraits that fits the RTP style is essential.

Once again thank you. I hope to hear from potential partners soon! :)  

BeardBro

I think this line's mostly filler.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For anyone considering a partnership on this project, I want to point out that Sinweaver has done a fantastic job with organization and delegation. Everything is streamlined to a fault, so there's little to no confusion about what needs done or who's going to do it. The game's world is well thought-out, and there are a lot of talented minds already working on the project.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got a little bit of work done whenever I have spare time these few days. The starting area is mostly finished

All the maps are fully parallaxed. Not a single tile has been placed.

Renting a room at the inn (during day time. The room will look differently during night time)

Time will be moved forward by +6 hours whenever you rent a room. Your party will be fully healed as well.

One of the starting sequence. 

A few suggestions - light does not look like that. Your shadows are far too harsh. If you're going to utilize darker shadows - you really need to use a blur effect on the light so it's softer.  Same with the candles in the bar - it's very distracting. 

And once again the bumping on the paths makes it look very out of place (also why is the stone wall on that house so blurry)

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@IAmJakeSauvage: Thank you for the suggestions and concerns. Those are the older screenshot from when I first created the project. The shadow has always been something I struggle with, but it is already blurred to the point where it doesn't make a difference whenever I use the blur tool. I changed the opacity of the shadow layer instead to fix the problem. I will update the screenshot as soon as I clear a few things off my plate.

As for the tavern lighting, I fixed the most obvious problem with the candle near the innkeeper, but I am still trying to get around to making the transition softer for the other lights.

As for the stonewall, I am not exactly sure, but that is not too big of an issue since I somewhat like the uneven feel to it.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@IAmJakeSauvage: Thank you for the suggestions and concerns. Those are the older screenshot from when I first created the project. The shadow has always been something I struggle with, but it is already blurred to the point where it doesn't make a difference whenever I use the blur tool. I changed the opacity of the shadow layer instead to fix the problem. I will update the screenshot as soon as I clear a few things off my plate.

As for the tavern lighting, I fixed the most obvious problem with the candle near the innkeeper, but I am still trying to get around to making the transition softer for the other lights.

As for the stonewall, I am not exactly sure, but that is not too big of an issue since I somewhat like the uneven feel to it.
The only issue with the stone wall is that because of the texture different the windows look like they're floating on it. What are you using? I think even GIMP has gaussian blur, no? I prefer gaussian to blur out my light effects but you just gotta play around.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The only issue with the stone wall is that because of the texture different the windows look like they're floating on it. What are you using? I think even GIMP has gaussian blur, no? I prefer gaussian to blur out my light effects but you just gotta play around.

I will have a look at the use of gaussian blur. At the moment, I am only using the regular blur tool

As for the window, I will see if there is a suitable replacement. Thanks.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Update on recruitment status:

Looking for an artist to do sketches for some cutscenes (i.e. the protagonists growing up, etc.)

About the workload, we are possibly looking at around half a dozen or so images. As for the time frame, it can be discussed.

There's no requirement on what media to be used as long as the resulting quality is good.

Pencil sketches or digital art are equally acceptable. An example of what I am looking for is something for (doesn't have to be as good as the following image, but I am looking for something similar):

Thanks.

Sinweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The search for artist for pencil/digital sketches continues.

It would be nice to be able to include some picture to be used as cutscene before the release for next update for the project //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_smile.gif

Just wanted to clarify that we looking for medium sketches to show slices of protagonists' childhood. Shouldn't be anywhere near as detailed as the example in the previous post. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've made a rudimentary prototype map for the first game with the MV RTP overworld tiling. I'm probably going to photoshop the crap out of it for parallax, but the prototype has given me new ideas about how I want to place dungeons in the game.
I got tired of not having an avatar image. Couldn't think of anything cool. So I'm just using my game's antagonist instead... How original. At least both of our names start with C?
Expectation: Design/dev a game for the game jam | Reality: "These codes suck, why did I do it this way? lemme fix this. Also what if I add feature xyz because... well, I can."
Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
Stream will be going live shortly! I will be playing Resident Evil 3 Remake, and then I will be switching to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neuromancy