MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my 2nd game to be made, and so I decided to do some new things with it compared to my previous game (link below)

Feedback on both would be appreciated, although this game is A LOT shorter and much simpler than the previous one.
This one should be more "bite size" if you will.

SYNOPSIS:
Chronicles of Eiosa takes place in Eiosa, where Mana is a vital part of daily life. In this world, Mana is as important to a person as breathing in air. However, not all Mana is good. Ever since the Vial Lord Asteroth's corruption of the world, Dark Mana has begun to spread. Dark Mana is created when humans channel negative emotions, and too much Dark Mana can cause someone to turn into a Demon... a blood-thirsty beast of eternal agony.

In this Demo, Kana and Zora have been tasked with eliminating a demon within Zora's family tomb.

CHARACTERS:
KANA
Kana.png
Kana is a young adventurer who grew up on a remote fishing island with her friend Ryo. Her dream is to explore the world and see its many wonders and mysteries.
Kana is a cheerful young girl who has a fascination for the mysterious. She loves to explore ancient ruins and learn the history of the world.

ZORA
Zora.png

Zora is a princess of the Erebus Empire, one of the largest nations in the world of Eiosa. She is undergoing sword training from a mentor who has mastered the arts of Eastern-style samurais.
Zora is strong and assertive. She realizes her father is too ill to lead the nation properly, so she has decided to undergo this training in order to not only lead her nation but protect it as well.

FEATURES:
  • A classic turn-based combat system that is similar to that of games like Final Fantasy X and Legend of Heroes.
  • Unique enemy attack animations, such as a Slime hucking a slime loogie at you :p
  • 3 cool secrets to find!

SCREENSHOTS:
Chronicles of Eiosa 9_26_2022 9_11_16 AM.png
Chronicles of Eiosa 9_26_2022 9_12_10 AM.png
Chronicles of Eiosa 9_26_2022 9_12_35 AM.png
Chronicles of Eiosa 9_26_2022 9_13_36 AM.png

Download:

CG-Tespy

Professional Persona Panderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty cool project... What drew me in was mainly the anime art xD Having played the demo, I'd like to offer my thoughts.

What I like:
  • The custom art and animations. They're very nice!
  • The formatting of the skill descs presenting info in a much cleaner way than you'd expect.
Looks like an improved version of what Eredia: The Diary of Heroes went with. Kudos, because that game had pretty good desc formatting itself​
  • The battle effects making things both look and feel snappy
  • Good choice of music.
Unlike a lot of creatives out there, you put thought about how the tracks fit in context as opposed to just putting stuff in because it sounds nice​

A couple of the issues I noticed:
  • It could use a proofreader/editor. A few examples of the problems I found:
Missing punctuation​
Ellipsis-abuse hurting the pace more than it adds dramatic impact​
Misspellings​
  • The battle-entering transitions are a bit long

A few ways I'd improve it:
  • Triple the height of the objective-marker, so not only can you put more text in it, you can raise the font size to make things more readable
  • Spice up the pause menu UI. You definitely have the art skills for it
  • Cut the length of the battle-entering transitions to a third of what they are now

You put a lot of love into this game, and it shows. I'll be looking forward to updates! ^^

SGHarlekin

Orc Jester
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just here to let you know the black text is hardly readable by anyone using the dark theme on the forum.

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pretty cool project... What drew me in was mainly the anime art xD Having played the demo, I'd like to offer my thoughts.

What I like:
  • The custom art and animations. They're very nice!
  • The formatting of the skill descs presenting info in a much cleaner way than you'd expect.
Looks like an improved version of what Eredia: The Diary of Heroes went with. Kudos, because that game had pretty good desc formatting itself​
  • The battle effects making things both look and feel snappy
  • Good choice of music.
Unlike a lot of creatives out there, you put thought about how the tracks fit in context as opposed to just putting stuff in because it sounds nice​

A couple of the issues I noticed:
  • It could use a proofreader/editor. A few examples of the problems I found:
Missing punctuation​
Ellipsis-abuse hurting the pace more than it adds dramatic impact​
Misspellings​
  • The battle-entering transitions are a bit long

A few ways I'd improve it:
  • Triple the height of the objective-marker, so not only can you put more text in it, you can raise the font size to make things more readable
  • Spice up the pause menu UI. You definitely have the art skills for it
  • Cut the length of the battle-entering transitions to a third of what they are now

You put a lot of love into this game, and it shows. I'll be looking forward to updates! ^^
Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it :cutesmile:. I'll take your advise. Though not sure if I'll work on this again, since I've got another game in the works, BUT I am using things from this game over there, such as skill desc and stuff.

Also, a couple of notes:
1. While English is my first language, spelling and grammar was never my forte.
2. I didn't make the custom sprites and art. You can check out the Credits page on the title screen to see who made them.

CG-Tespy

Professional Persona Panderer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate it :cutesmile:. I'll take your advise. Though not sure if I'll work on this again, since I've got another game in the works, BUT I am using things from this game over there, such as skill desc and stuff.
Alright :> I suggest not working on more than one project at once, at least not ones you're serious about. Unless you have reliable teams you can expect to invest a lot into your projects, spreading yourself thin like this will just hurt your efficiency. A lot.

Also, a couple of notes:
1. While English is my first language, spelling and grammar was never my forte.
2. I didn't make the custom sprites and art. You can check out the Credits page on the title screen to see who made them.

1. Perhaps you can try finding a proofreader/editor through this forum's Project Recruitment board?
2. Oof, I should've looked at the credits first ^^;

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phunction