Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. If not, I'm sorry.

I've been playing a bit around with Moghunter's Chrono engine (ABS) and it's going well so far except for one thing.
I'm using Time Fantasy tileset and now the height on the tools I use in the game don't match. Instead of being in the center of the actor it's below him.

Now, I think I just need to change the sprite sheet size on the tools, but I've never been good at figuring out what size I need to change to or maybe it's something else I need to do. So I'm hoping that someone could help me out?

Screens1.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it looks already weird if he shoow it on the wrong spot?
if you built it from MOG's demo, I dont know if there is a comment to be used
for "comment: offset height x" to be used. to corect it, but this also affects each side.
what you can try, is to make a copy of the hookshot image, and offset it from the file
to fit your hookshot.

otherwise, I have no clue.

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon That does work actually for most of the tools, except for the hookshot. I used this comment: tool_offset_y : -35 and the arrow does move but not the hookshot itself. I tried to put in

tool_hookshot_offset_y : -35 but didn't work. Not good at those comments.

Screens2.png

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will check something out, so I come back to you after some modifications
if that works out (unless someone else respond with a solution).

EDIT:
The way the Hookshot (chain) is made works differently, however, I can make it
align to the left and right, but will be ugly when facing up or down (to far, or in the face)

so it willbe harder to make it nice. and a modification to the plugin is needed,
to correct those for tall characters (the one you use). which I'm not able to do
for you.

some coders might be able to do so, or another way around to fix that for you.

the thing is, the tool_hookshot (the arrow) is in the character folder, while
the chain is in the chrono folder, which makes it harder to fix the alignments
of the character direction.

I cant help you on this part, But I wish you good luck on the project,
in case you need testers, sign me up :)

Last edited:

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon Thank you for trying, I appreciate that :LZSproud: It seems the only one I got trouble with is the hookshot, so I might not use it. Thank you again and I will definitely sign you up once it's ready for testers :LZSjoy:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
@Kristina
Can you provide me a sample project with the issue happening?
Something like only one map and the player using a hook shot. I think I can give a try :)

Kristina

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim I appreciate that you want to look at it, thank you :LZSproud: I've made a demo for you, how do I share it with you? Never tried it before :LZSproud:

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Eliaquim I appreciate that you want to look at it, thank you :LZSproud: I've made a demo for you, how do I share it with you? Never tried it before :LZSproud:
Hi!
You can upload it on google drive, onedrive, etc. Then you can send me the link to download. Can be here or through PM, doesn't matter to me ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Its been almost 6 months since i've been here last and 5 years before that. the worst part is losing the game you were working on in a cpu fire.

Well time to go at it again.
my game is coming together im so happy
In this day and age, i might switch back to RMXP. I’ve lost faith in all the new plugins.
Wow it's been forever since I last logged in! I STILL want to make a game... I'll start it one day for sure!! It's a dream of mine.
This days I couldn't do anything... My mind is so confused and I couldn't work at all, I only wanted to play video games with my friends and that made all my projects delay a lot. Someone else feels this kind of thing sometimes? :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnie5