Tatankas

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey ! It's an awesome battle system ! Thanks for auto guy ! But this battle system don't work with the ItemCore plugin from Yanfly :/ my character can't move if this both plugins are active ... :/

jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey ! It's an awesome battle system ! Thanks for auto guy ! But this battle system don't work with the ItemCore plugin from Yanfly :/ my character can't move if this both plugins are active ... :/
I try it and yes I can't move.
And sorry I can't help with this, contact the author maybe the next version will improve this.
Or write you own item menu to fit chrono engine. May I ask what kind of function you want to use with the yep item core.
If it's just menu, then it won't be too hard to solve.

Last edited:

Tatankas

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I try it and yes I can't move.
And sorry I can't help with this, contact the author maybe the next version will improve this.
Or write you own item menu to fit chrono engine. May I ask what kind of function you want to use with the yep item core.
If it's just menu, then it won't be too hard to solve.

Thx for your answer !
Unfortunately I wasn't interesting in the menu in this plugin but I was interesting in the possibility to get a Random Variance with Weapons and Armors :/
And I'm so bad in Javascript to create one ... ^^ but yeah I think I will wait for the next version ! But thx a lot !

NTR

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I love the plug-in and I have made a game with it and it's easy to use and work with.
I have 1 Question
Is it possible to make the hud have 8 quick slots for spells only at the bottom instead of weapon, items, skills, shield?
I want to make a game that only uses spells or skills like some online MMO's have and no melee at all.
If this can't be done that is ok because I have been working with Alpha ABS on that part my problem is that the party switch plug-in I am using works with the Chrono Engine much better then Alpha ABS.

Thank you.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Everyone, please. The author of this is showing you how to use the engine, not how to do things like change the hud or make it work with other plug-ins.

Please post support questions about how to do things in this engine under a new thread in JavaScript Support

jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I love the plug-in and I have made a game with it and it's easy to use and work with.
I have 1 Question
Is it possible to make the hud have 8 quick slots for spells only at the bottom instead of weapon, items, skills, shield?
I want to make a game that only uses spells or skills like some online MMO's have and no melee at all.
If this can't be done that is ok because I have been working with Alpha ABS on that part my problem is that the party switch plug-in I am using works with the Chrono Engine much better then Alpha ABS.

Thank you.
I never try that, but I guess you need to do some coding for the job.

jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have 1 Question

Thank you.
Yes, you can do that cause I just try it.

Actually, you can use function act() to do that.

I define a new variables in js and let it store the tool id.
Then use act() to use the action.
Then define another variable to store the icon sprite id.
Then create a new window on the map and drawicon when the variable for icon sprite exit.

These are all done by js, there's no add-on plugin for these feature now.

Hope this help you.

Louis529

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,I'm have try your tutorial but at the end found that player can't equip the item-sword that created. Thrre is no seord icon show up when press the q button and cant attack enemy when press a button.any advise?

jackken123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,I'm have try your tutorial but at the end found that player can't equip the item-sword that created. Thrre is no seord icon show up when press the q button and cant attack enemy when press a button.any advise?
It's because the plugin has update.
In the new version, you need
In the database/item/note box.

Louis529

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Problem solved.thanks for helping and really appreciate your prompt reply.

Bryy Miller

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Writing down in my notebook that this is one of things I want to try next week! Thanks!

Reptalia1994

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
a question .. I am creating my game with this system, and I have seen that by pressing the Q key you enter the ABS menu ... is it possible to edit that the items or weapons are selected from another menu?

LexnNitro

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Murica
Primarily Uses
Thanks for tutorial, maybe someone here can answer or maybe you can make tutorial for this

I ran into 3 problems recently.

#1 I don't know how to create a room that locks the player in, then unlocks when the monsters are all dead. It's been awhlie since i've used rpgmaker but it seems on eneemy death you would subtract/add one to a variable and when the variable => than a number the doors would unlock and you would just set that number ot the # of monsters that were in the room to begin with. But now that were in ABS mode how do we do something like this?

#2 How do I make a monster spawner? How do I make the monster spawner have HP and die?

#3 I've setup some switches to turn off/on when hit by an arrow, but 2 'bugs' appeared. #1 walls don't stop arrows, so I can't block the switch from being hit on an opposite side of where I want and #2 I tried to create an empty event that would collide with arrow and it goes right through it, all of it's settings are even the same as switches and treasure chests so it should collide and stop the arrow but it won't! Ideally I'd like to make walls or zones stop arrows, 2nd ideal would be blank events to stop arrows and play thunk sound.

Midyin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
AmericanEnglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you very much Ken. your tutorials are extremely helpful.

Guayo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Other
So basicly yanfly and atelier Engine´s dont work together well?

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Guayo
Yanfly & Moghunter plugins can work together. It's more about plugin order. I've used Chrono ABS with Yanfly plugins, and many others who have used Moghunter with Yanfly plugins will tell you. Put Yanfly plugins below moghunter in the plugin manager. And make sure your plugins are in order, Yanfly plugins should match how they are listed in this chart:
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Category:Yanfly_Engine_Plugins

PS Moghunter is rgss atelier.

paulomaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, I AM creatina a game and I AM using tudo Chrono Engine, but an icon appears on top of the player carácter. Does anyone nos how to solve this problema?

Sorry for the grammar errors

Last edited by a moderator:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@paulomaker Hi and welcome! We ask members not to double post - post right after themselves with no replies - so I’ve merged your posts together.

Restart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really old reply on this, but since @Guayo seems to want to know a fix, I bet other people who find this thread will want to know how to get itemcore compatibility to work.

Use this replacement function for chronoengine, and it'll work with ItemCore. Yanfly basically set up any queries about nonexistent items to return '[]' instead of null, which moghunter's plugin doesn't recognize. This makes the chrono engine check for empty arrays as well.
Code:
//=============================================================================
// ** Game Map
//=============================================================================

//==============================
// * Setup
//==============================

var _mog_toolSys_gmap_setup = Game_Map.prototype.setup;
Game_Map.prototype.setup = function(mapId) {
   _mog_toolSys_gmap_setup.call(this,mapId);
   this._treasureEvents = [];
   this._battlersOnScreen = [];
   this._enemiesOnScreen = [];
   this._actorsOnScreen = [];
   $gameSystem._toolsOnMap = [];
   $gameTemp.clearToolCursor();
   //if (!$gameSystem._toolsData) {this.dataMapToolClear()};
   if (!$gameSystem._toolsData) {this.dataMapToolClear()
       }else{ if ($gameSystem._toolsData.length == 0) {this.dataMapToolClear()};
       }
   for (var i = 0; i < $gameParty.members().length; i++) {
       var actor = $gameParty.members()[i];
       actor.clearActing();
       $gameSystem._toolHookshotSprite = [null,null,0];
   };
};

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaguaru