Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi!

This is similar to what i was requested for MV, but this time for RMXP (seems like i will use this because i'm more familiar with).

Basically, this is an ATB-based on-map battle system. A gameplay from this game follows for reference (40:03 for normal enemy; 57:19 for boss):

I think (even being a non-scripter) the most difficult parts to make this is to determine where each battler (hero or enemy) should be positioned; perharps using some AI pathfinding to procedurally positioning the battlers would be a good choice, however i dont know how this would cost performance-wise.

Another thing is there are a caterpillar system intrinsic, so it would need to be scripted along as well.

Additionally, in the game some skills can be "combined" to form a more powerful multi skill. It can be only casted if all participants have its base skills learned AND have enough MP to spell the "base" skill that multi skill is based.

In the GIF above, we have Delta Force, the triple skill cast by Crono, Marle and Lucca, based on Lightning 2 (Crono), Fire 2 (Lucca) and Ice 2 (Marle).

A good example of implementation of this system is MOG's Chrono Engine for RPG Maker MV. But it sightly differs from the CT one, mainly in UI details.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP

callmedan

Friendly Stranger
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@vico Atoa made a battle system like Chrono Trigger one that called Atoa Custom Battle System. It seems no longer available.
Have you watched this video yet? I think you may find something similar. The links are in its description.

vico

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Yeah, is very similar, but Atoa is my enemy (mainy here in this forum). Plus you said the CBS is dead for a while, so... the topic is still open.

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really directed towards XP, but there is one for MV you can get here.

Sorry, I see your post needing help with it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.
Well bad reviews r making me rather annoyed today.
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greatassignmenthelp