Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to implement a formation system in my game similar to that of Chrono Trigger- 3 members in the party at one time (rather than the default 4), the player cannot remove the game's protagonist from the party, and (if possible) the formation screen is divided into two sections with the party on the left and reserve members on the right, like this:

This isn't the original SNES version (I couldn't find a screenshot of it), but honestly I think most people on this forum have played Chrono Trigger, so I didn't know if including a screenshot was even necessary... :guffaw:

I believe I would need a plugin to accomplish this, correct? Or can it be done with eventing? I'm not too worried about making it look like Chrono Trigger, as long as I can replicate the 3-member party and locking the protagonist in the party. Honestly, the default formation function isn't very intuitive to me so I'd like to replace it, but it isn't a priority.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarina