arsenaultk9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Edit 2021-10-27:

Just finished another track in the same style featuring music suited for a calm and happy village with original Chrono Trigger gameplay to show it could fit in the game:

Original:

Hi Folks,

I've been wanting to create a portfolio of SNES-style compositions for a while and finally stopped procrastinating on the project. For the following composition, I've particularly have been inspired by a mysterious ruin that you would have played in-game possibly where you get to meet Schala (for those who've played the classic). I can easily see this ruin having a somber atmosphere with many ancient relics that have magical and occultic designs. Anyways, if you're interested in hearing it you can on the following video:

For fans of the classical RPG Chrono Trigger tell me what do you think. Could this possibly be some of the in-game music or does this completely miss the game atmosphere?

Last edited:

GazStation-5

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! very good music slow and exactly describe what you`d wrote.
But in my opinion it`s need more stronger sense of feeling, what you need is more power of curiosity, more vibrant yet beautiful

Break a leg!

arsenaultk9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey guys thanks for your replies.
@GazStation-5 Chrono Trigger does have a soundtrack that invokes a lot of curiosity and beauty. In my mind, Yasunori Mitsuda really outdid himself in the Chrono Trigger ost and just released something so amazing that getting near that quality seems like a colossal task. That being said thanks for the positive criticism will definitely keep that in mind.

GazStation-5

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your welcome @arsenaultk9, I think 1 man really can do a very small things but the most the interesting is let's go RAMBO and win the battle - I hope lol, against "warlord and their companion" was never easy task but nearly impossible ups -OOT too much

Hey is that your drawing? also beautiful!

arsenaultk9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love that rambo analogie. Definitely a good source of inspiration. As for the drawing, I didn't do it it's actually a scene for the successor of Chrono Trigger the Chrono Cross game. Without divulging any spoilers, the place in the game that is shown in the image is a very mysterious place where important concepts are laid down to the player in hopes to further shape destiny.

superkoopa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
This totally sounds like it could be in Chrono Trigger. I was literally just thinking about sound design for my game and Chrono Trigger's soundtrack came to mind, and then I see this! Well done.

GazStation-5

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
woah omg! your website and its contents were so amazing! love your works!
:XP01B:

arsenaultk9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just to be clear the website and its content aren't mine. I only use the sound fonts provided by it to create music similar to Crono Trigger. That being said, it's true Wiliam Kage is an amazing composer!

Former_Sky

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If you told me it was a missing track from the original, I would believe you.

arsenaultk9

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, thanks @Former_Sky
The soundfonts provided by William Kage's site really do help to get the same vibe as the original music.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuzmitchoww