HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! Welcome to my only finished game that's not related to a game jam (or the One Map Challenge). I'm super proud of how far I've come with this.

DISCLAIMER: DO NOT PLAY IF YOU HAVE ISSUES WITH SENSORY PROCESSING. THIS GAME HAS INTENSE AUDITORY FEEDBACK THAT SENSITIVE EARS MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE.

Chrysalis is a horror game with no graphics. You can't see yourself, or your threats, but you can hear everything. Recommended to play with headphones. You play as a blind individual trapped in a mansion with a spirit. She moves very slowly, but you don't have much space to run. Walk past (or into) an object to get to know where you are. A constant noise will play faster and faster the closer you are to the exit for each floor. Only when you escape the final level or run into Chrysalis will you be able to see anything other than a black screen and some text.

This game actually came from a dream I had where I was wandering around and couldn't see anything.

Screenshots:
OK, so I really don't have much here because the game well, doesn't have graphics, but I'll try and show what I can.
1652751638193.png

Download link:

Attachments

• 1652751647950.png
    1652751647950.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 2

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Completely forgot to add credits, LOL.

Scripts
modern algebra
VM of DT
Galv
tuckie
Victor

Voiceover by @den399 !

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png
Nearly done with the topmost deck of the SS Astrale Symphonie (she's got a name at last!). Still needs a lot of work but at least now it is vaguely recognizable as a ship deck. Working at a snail's pace but it's coming together. :kaopride:
Screenshot-2022-06-30-104933.png
Letting people know I'm debating leaving RM, and thus this forum. I'll continue to keep in touch with any friends I've made here, but between Unity being better suited to my needs and people on here getting increasingly horrible, I think switching my games to Unity might be better for my mental health.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
choe0419