chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
def find_route_to(room,current,home,count,lst) #first create the depth search paramaters count += 1 #intialize the results each depth ram = 0 #check each connection per depth searched current.connected.each_with_index do |i, cnt| look_depth = i.name.upcase indexer = i if i.name.upcase == room.upcase #puts visited_node puts "#{true} #{cnt}, #{count}" ram = [cnt, count, current.name] return ram end end unless nil return false if count > home.size find_route_to(room,home[count],home,count,lst) if count < home.size end

wayfayer/wayfinder algorithm, aka A* not. but a nodal based algorithm for perusing a corridor, living room, etc.

Apache License 2.0 as in it may be used as written, in a way I can address in a bit. sorry, it's engineless. it was a science experiment in pure Ruby. ;) attributed from a book, but not fully intent as they had wrote, as in it was never a recursive.

and lastly, something I've known through a brother, my naturally memorized life, save a few in memory as dream/vision.
KpCl1le.png

thus, my understanding to a word, known as augenwerkerbekreitensieg (to love what is seen as made in victory, as in to succeed in making of thing beloved).

Last edited:

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
the first is a well known pathfinder routine, modified to work in modern ruby. [through myself]
and the later, a piece from my dissertation, Pub Domain, incomplete.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm not an expert in electronics, but I can tell that circuit doesn't make any sense.
which, leads me to doubt the point of the print accompanying it, which in turn makes me raise an eyebrow about the rest of the post.
the algorithm seems valid (although, it seems to be missing a few objects)... which, makes the whole thing a contradiction... and I'm not sure why someone would post such a thing.

standing by to drop a logic bomb to screen out an AI.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
oh ok. I've been a member for a few years on here.
qTbp5NH.png

I just ported the algorithm to gml and it works without a flaw.

here is the basic tutorial.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
right, ok.... that's the object that was missing.
otherwise, who calls that function *from* the map? there must be a main object containing the names that direct the finder!

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What is this meant to be used in?
transition less room/nodal pathfinding. you can declare the nodes anyway you desire, as long as they possess an Identifier.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
the ruby, I was using it in pure ruby. the gml, in gms.

Iron_Brew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But like, in what context?

This thread is completely baffling my dude.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks like a graph-based pathfinder. The connection map determines which nodes/tiles are adjacent for pathing purposes. As mentioned, it's a well-known approach, nothing new.

I'm not very familiar with RGSS or Game Maker, but as-is, it looks like a developer resource more than a full-fledged script? Like @gstv87 said, this would need more work to be usable in RPG Maker: you'd need to provide the connection map (i.e. which rooms connect to which), interpret the find_route_to result in that context, and implement cross-map character mechanics if appropriate. The only usage example given so far seems to be for Game Maker, and this is an official RPG Maker site.

@chungsie - do you have any plans to release a full script or demo project showing this in action for an RPG Maker engine, e.g. RGSS (XP/VX/Ace) or JS (MV/MZ)?

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks like a graph-based pathfinder. The connection map determines which nodes/tiles are adjacent for pathing purposes. As mentioned, it's a well-known approach, nothing new.

I'm not very familiar with RGSS or Game Maker, but as-is, it looks like a developer resource more than a full-fledged script? Like @gstv87 said, this would need more work to be usable in RPG Maker: you'd need to provide the connection map (i.e. which rooms connect to which), interpret the find_route_to result in that context, and implement cross-map character mechanics if appropriate. The only usage example given so far seems to be for Game Maker, and this is an official RPG Maker site.

@chungsie - do you have any plans to release a full script or demo project showing this in action for an RPG Maker engine, e.g. RGSS (XP/VX/Ace) or JS (MV/MZ)?
I honestly never learened ACE. that's why I posted it in this context, in general discussion.
I wish,
It's for routing through say a building, or dungeon, and then you apply A* when in the said area.

If I had a mentor that could help, I could.
But it's been this way since a many a year.
THe only way i know gml is in having a tutor/mentor.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Check out my side project! It's a survival dungeon crawler! https://voidmoon-studio.itch.io/depths-of-delmora
RushLog wrote on HarlekinLehl's profile.
how do you attach those images to your posts?
I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after I finish Lunar Silver Star Story. That said, I am strongly considering an entry for the IGMC 2022 since an idea came to me for this year's theme.
Map033.png Road to the ruins of the temple of light you'll be exploring after leaving Teytal. Can I get some Yays?
I just bought VN Maker with 75% off, just for the assets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathkazu