ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on finishing. Definitely reflects a lot of hard work.

I'm currently stuck in the Palatial forest. Can't figure out the password/passcode bit, I guess (must've missed a hint). Will try again later, probably.

First Impressions:

Art
A lot of your art assets are really good.

Some of your art looks like RPG Maker-style tiles, while others look like you might have taken an actual photo and ran some filters over it in Photoshop and rearranged it. Both are good at times, but they often don't mesh well, particularly with the MV sprites; they look like they belong in separate games.

I'm not a fan of the face portraits (MV faces run through a filter). It feels like customization for the sake of customization, and it wound up with a look that (subjectively) is inferior to the default.

Sound
The phone and menus are lacking sounds. You don't need sounds for every little thing you do on your phone but I think the interface wold benefit with some sounds.

The jingly sound when characters speak got kind of tiresome after a while. It added to a kind of "cute" factor that makes the game unique, but I don't think I could stand hearing it for hours. Maybe others will be different. Would be nice if you could turn it off, though.

Music
Music, so far, is kind of quirky and I like it. Goes well with the general flavor of the game.

Kressydans using "K" all the time
The use of "k" to replace (almost) all uses of the letter C quickly established a general quirkiness for the game (if the art, and the fact that the first thing Klara had to do was choose an outfit and put on makeup didn't already do so).

Similarly to the jingly sound for speech, I'm not sure how I feel about dealing with this for an hours-long game. It's like if one of the Animal Crossing characters with an odd speech pattern followed you around constantly.

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's a bit much.

Combat
Very hard to say with my limited exposure. I do like the idea of leveling up the material-like orbs, and the fact that the orbs will be interchangeable among the characters.

I liked equiping the healing bullet orb and just healing all the time as a default choice of action; became Cutler's role on the team, constantly shooting people in the face with healing bullets.

Relationships
Again, I'm very close to the start of the game so I haven't seen much. I've only seen Jonark have ample opportunities to flirt with Cutler. I do feel like there was a bit of a bait and switch because you start the game as Klara but then everything quickly shifts gears to Jonark: Jonark gets more meaningful/decisive dialogue; he gets all the dialogue choices; he gets all the flirting options. Klara's just kind of there.

I'm 50 minutes into the game, and that's how it feels. Perhaps it will even out later, but perhaps not. I do get the feeling you were more focused on Jonark, so I'm kind of expecting the rest of the game to continue favoring Jonark.

Haven't been hooked into the premise of the game yet, but I'm hoping that'll change once I get pass this password/passcode thing.

Last edited:

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Congratulations on finishing. Definitely reflects a lot of hard work.

I'm currently stuck in the Palatial forest. Can't figure out the password/passcode bit, I guess (must've missed a hint). Will try again later, probably.

First Impressions:

Art
A lot of your art assets are really good.

Some of your art looks like RPG Maker-style tiles, while others look like you might have taken an actual photo and ran some filters over it in Photoshop and rearranged it. Both are good at times, but they often don't mesh well, particularly with the MV sprites; they look like they belong in separate games.

I'm not a fan of the face portraits (MV faces run through a filter). It feels like customization for the sake of customization, and it wound up with a look that (subjectively) is inferior to the default.

Sound
The phone and menus are lacking sounds. You don't need sounds for every little thing you do on your phone but I think the interface wold benefit with some sounds.

The jingly sound when characters speak got kind of tiresome after a while. It added to a kind of "cute" factor that makes the game unique, but I don't think I could stand hearing it hours. Maybe others will be different. Would be nice if you could turn it off, though.

Music
Music, so far, is kind of quirky and I like it. Goes well with the general flavor of the game.

Kressydans using "K" all the time
The use of "k" to replace (almost) all uses of the letter C quickly established a general quirkiness for the game (if the art, and the fact that the first thing Klara had to do was choose an outfit and put on makeup didn't already do so).

Similarly to the jingly sound for speech, I'm not sure how I feel about dealing with this for an hours-long game. It's like if one of the Animal Crossing characters with an odd speech pattern followed you around constantly.

Sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's a bit much.

Combat
Very hard to say with my limited exposure. I do like the idea of leveling up the material-like orbs, and the fact that the orbs will be interchangeable among the characters.

I liked equiping the healing bullet orb and just healing all the time as a default choice of action; became Cutler's role on the team, constantly shooting people in the face with healing bullets.

Relationships
Again, I'm very close to the start of the game so I haven't seen much. I've only seen Jonark have ample opportunities to flirt with Cutler. I do feel like there was a bit of a bait and switch because you start the game as Klara but then everything quickly shifts gears to Jonark: Jonark gets more meaningful/decisive dialogue; he gets all the dialogue choices; he gets all the flirting options. Klara's just kind of there.

I'm 50 minutes into the game, and that's how it feels. Perhaps it will even out later, but perhaps not. I do get the feeling you were more focused on Jonark, so I'm kind of expecting the rest of the game to continue favoring Jonark.

Haven't been hooked into the premise of the game yet, but I'm hoping that'll change once I get pass this password/passcode thing.
Thanks for all the feedback! Glad you’re enjoying it so far.

Try looking under the rock outside the control hit in the forest - that will give you the first clue.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for all the feedback! Glad you’re enjoying it so far.

Try looking under the rock outside the control hit in the forest - that will give you the first clue.
I got to the new island/continent. The combat has been pretty straightforward and simple so far (spamming the strongest attacks that won't heal the enemy since it's easy to replenish ammo/EP; and healing almost constantly for the same reason).

Still getting the feeling that Jonark is the protagonist now with Klara as more of a supporting character.

Came across an almost-game-breaking bug, though. After talking to the girl in the barn (Albina?) and going through the cutscene where you choose someone to talk to Jonark, the player movement speed was left at slow speed. Since I more or less know how RPG Maker works, I assume that if I play long enough I'll probably get through another cutscene that will fix the player speed... Hopefully it won't take too long.

Edit: Kept playing. Got killed by the boss in the Erth cave. When you get wiped, do you retain all of your progress and simply get sent to the entrance of the dungeon? Been thinking of implementing a similar feature in my game, though it may be too forgiving; as a player, I am liking it right now. Haha.

In the northeast corner of the first area of the Erth cave (not counting the entrance), where you get the Minerva orb, there is a sparkly spot on the ground that doesn't do anything (seems like it's on the same level as characters; can't walk through it and can't interact with it).

Last edited:

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just gained access to the red and yellow islands. Big bug in Cnocsville where the player gets stuck; the gag when the player jumps away from the (smelly) restroom leaves the player stuck on top of a fence.

Other than that...

When I got to the blue dungeon I was severely under powered because there was no way to farm for money on the previous island (after finishing the dungeon) and I didn't have the cash to buy the crafting equipment or orbs I needed.

I struggled for a bit farming in the blue cave. Progress was slow at first, then super-fast once I could wipe out the enemy in 1 round of attacks without taking damage. Now I'm probably more or less OP.

Last edited:

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've just gained access to the red and yellow islands. Big bug in Cnocsville where the player gets stuck; the gag when the player jumps away from the (smelly) restroom leaves the player stuck on top of a fence.

Other than that...

When I got to the blue dungeon I was severely under powered because there was no way to farm for money on the previous island (after finishing the dungeon) and I didn't have the cash to buy the crafting equipment or orbs I needed.

I struggled for a bit farming in the blue cave. Progress was slow at first, then super-fast once I could wipe out the enemy in 1 round of attacks without taking damage. Now I'm probably more or less OP.
thanks for the feedback.

To avoid too much grinding I designed the fishing mini game to earn money.

whilst the monsters in the earth cave don’t re spawn after you beat the boss -you can continue to fight in the jungle between the village and the dock

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for the feedback.

To avoid too much grinding I designed the fishing mini game to earn money.

whilst the monsters in the earth cave don’t re spawn after you beat the boss -you can continue to fight in the jungle between the village and the dock
Actually, the monsters don't seem to respawn between the village and the dock (I thought they would, but they don't). The monsters do spawn in the blue dungeon. After that, you have the farm which works decently (wish more monsters would spawn; haha).

In the red dungeon, the flame that keeps changing color also makes your player move backward. If your back is to the chest, then it tries to move you into the chest but cannot and the game becomes stuck (the movement, I assume, is set to Wait Until Complete or whatever it is).

Edit: Near the end now, but can't figure out how to finish two optional quests before I move on. Sweet Music and Lost Book...!

Edit2: Just went ahead and finished the game. Not sure which ending I got (two characters had a big hug at the end), but I don't think I'll be replaying for other endings since the fact that it depends on relationship ratings might mean I have to start over.

Again, a lot of the art is great though about half of the art also doesn't match. The combat is not bad. I don't think it requires too much strategy because once you improve your orb mastery and gear to a certain point, your power snowballs and you destroy everything you come across. The final boss took maybe 6 attacks to finish and my party only took a single hit). After I started grinding in the blue dungeon/shrine, I probably began to grind too much because I didn't want to fall behind again.

I am still curious why the game started with the player controlling Klara. Since the rest of the game focuses on Jonark.

The ending leaves a gigangic loose end. Kind of disappointed as I wanted to wrap it all up and now I'm thinking that might never happen. Haha. That means the general plot was interesting enough for me to want to see it through.

Overall, I think this game has a good balance of difficulty and narration. The story and plot is interesting enough, and I didn't have to grind TOO much. Although I did grind a good amount, considering the overall intended length of the game, it was at least an easy grind that wasn't too painful. The grinding, once I found the Farm, mostly consisted of Larynne one-shotting enemies with her Barrage. By the time all the characters had 4-slotted armor, they practically never took damage again so having Cutler as a designated healer wasn't even necessary. For the last "dungeon," Cutler also had a maxed out Barrage ability which also wasn't necessary because the boss was a pushover.

The game could benefit from an endgame boss that's actually a challenge for a party with maxed out gear; Newgame+ would also be good if you really want people to replay to see other endings (assuming the endings are different enough to warrant a replay).

Maybe with your next project, if the art is more consistent and you put in more QA time, you can go commercial. Worth a shot.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Does any one know how I can get this thread moved into completed games, now that the full version has been released?
Next time you need something moved, please report your post. That way a moderator will be notified immediately, instead of having to wait and hope they'll notice. :)

Moving to Completed Games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brockhamptonmerch