QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ciorcal - an adventure JRPG with a combination of sci-fi and fantasy themes.
One-man studio
Tags: RPG, Adventure, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, LGBT

• Two nations occupy the earth: Kressyda - a democratic republic founded on elemental magical power ("Elemtrisity") - and Bowery - a communist dictatorship led by a hereditary line of Sultans.
  • Following an ancient conflict, the nations isolated themselves from each other for a thousand years. Now, they must come together in face of a challenge to the source of elemental power that is the basis of their respective societies.
  • The story follows two spoilt young socialites from Kressyda who end up on a whirlwind adventure by accident, and two rebellious young Bowerians who they meet along the way.
  • The party travels to the far, unexplored corners of the earth where they are mistaken for legendary heroes and expected to save the world from an invasion of elemental monsters.

• Original Graphics: All resources other than character graphics and face graphics are 100% original (made by me!).
  • Weapon and armour upgrade system: Similar to FF8, search the world for parts which you can use to upgrade your weapons and armour. Each actor has a set of 10 weapons and 4 possible armours.
  • Orb system: Similar to Materia in FF7, actors attach orbs to their weapons and armour to allow them to use skills. Orbs also add elemental attack/defence, e.g. attaching a Red orb to your weapon increases your Red Elemental attack, and attaching the same orb to your armour increases Red Elemental defence. Additionally, orbs are also used to increase your stats, e.g. attaching an HP orb increases your max HP, attaching an Attack orb increases your ATK stat.
  • No levels! Players do not gain experience or level up from battles. Instead, defeating enemies provides OP (Orb Particles) which level up any orbs you have currently attached. Therefore, stats are built by attaching levelled-up stats orbs. OP also level up your spells. This means stat bonuses and strong spells can be transferred from player to player with ease.
  • Element system: Attacking with an Element has a chance of changing the target to that Element, e.g. using a Red attack might turn the target Red. This adds a tactical challenge as players will not be able to use the same attacks repeatedly.
  • Money system: Monsters don't carry money or items (why would they?!) Instead, you earn money from villagers/townspeople through minigames (fishing!) or ridding their locales of monsters. You can also sell rare objects you find along the way for money.
  • Love system: Decisions you make in the game affect two of the actors' compatibility and end up in a possible romance. This story has LGBT interest.

Beta demo now available (full story is playable).
I would appreciate any volunteers to playtest the game - looking for any bugs and also feedback - particularly on game flow, dialogue and combat!

Respond to this thread if you'd like to be involved in playtesting!

Last edited:

xoferew

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds interesting, and I love your trees and plants. ^_^

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[Old version of Demo deleted]

Last edited:

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I've done a lot of work on the game since the last update / demo. Currently looking at roughly 60% complete. I'm hoping to release an updated demo soon!

Here are a couple of teasers - two towns to explore:
Calafort - a trading and fishing port
Calafort.jpg
Cnocsville - a dessert town surrounded by sandstone cliffs
Cnocsville.jpg

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please reply to this thread if you're interested in being a playtester!

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those graphics look amazing! I'll give it a go based on the look and feel of those screenshots alone :3

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Those graphics look amazing! I'll give it a go based on the look and feel of those screenshots alone :3
Thank you! Great, will send you the link.

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Hi this looks really interesting, could I have a try?

QuikInk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi this looks really interesting, could I have a try?
Of course! Just making sure the monsters aren't too puny or too challenging then will send it over. Are you a windows or mac user?

Kay0503

Novice
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It sounds so interesting and looks very cool I will playtest
-Windows

hikarui

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! this looks really neat. I would love to playtest it!

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I really like the font. What font is that?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like to play the demo and see how much bugs I can squash for you :)
(I dont do grammar/spelling mistakes unless fulyl noticeable, while my grammar
isn't that good, but good at bug squashing.

Pootscooter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Mandarin
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can be quite the spelling/grammar nazi if needed, hehe.

Drago9

Corsair
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love to try out this and playtest this game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm having a fun time working with the MZ RTP. The waterfall hasn't changed, though, so I'm wondering if they didn't make a new one or if they forgot to put it in...

good progress on the typescript Definitions files almost done all the Manager and yet I still have to do the Battle Manager...who is seriously so much data lol
Are the export options for MZ known yet?
I thought they were supposed to be my friends T_T
Anyone else ever feel bad about always needing to ask for help on their game..?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ballsmahoney69420